Weidman vs rockhold Myths

Paolo Delutis

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So i just rewatched the fight..and sherdog seems to have some myths about this fight...i will try and explain and debunk em

Myth number 1- Weidman was losing the fight/getting dominated

Weidman was not losing that fight..he did lose the 2nd round though but weidman won the first and was wining the third up untill the infamous kick ..

Myth 2 - weidman was gased,

Weidman wasnt gassed, he was actually the fresher man going into the third and was connecting at will on rockhold who was taken deep breaths..

Myth 3 the fight wasn't competitive

This fight was extremely competitive clearly the best MW at the time fighting, lots of high level and powerful exchanges, weidman was throwing rockhold around and rockholds kicks were brutal and weidmans movement was crisp and effective

Weidman is really good at winning competitive fights until the end

Both beat prime Silva

I’ll see myself out now...

He 100% was winning the fight until he fucked up with that bullshit kick. Thats all i have to say about that.

Myth, Weidman was going to win if he didn't threw that kick

Recall it being extremely even until capoiera weidman decided to go full retard.

Still my boy weidman is always winning until he isnt

Yeah watched a few months ago. Rockhold was getting hurt to the body. Had a staph infection if I remember correctly and was starting to fade.
Takedown was almost a desperation one.
Who knows what would happen without the kick

Weidman is good at beating 40 year old Brazilians.

Rockhold also had a terrible staph infection going into that fight and was on antibiotics and still murked him. That night was the start of the fall of Chris Weidman.

Letting Rockhold get on top of you is basically the end of the fight in all cases. Most high consequence guy to be taken down by.

Letting Rockhold get on top of you is basically the end of the fight in all cases. Most high consequence guy to be taken down by.

Its his best weapon outside of his kicks

Yeah watched a few months ago. Rockhold was getting hurt to the body. Had a staph infection if I remember correctly and was starting to fade.
Takedown was almost a desperation one.
Who knows what would happen without the kick

The third round its evident rockhold is starting to fold , he is taking huge breaths and weidman is attacking the body and legs..

Then he threw "the kick"

Two out of three judges had Rockhold winning round one and all three had him winning round two. So, technically, Weidman didn’t actually win a round. Would still like to see a rematch.

I thought it was 1-1 and Luke was gassing, he even said he was sick or something prior to the fight can’t remember exactly.

They were having competitive exchanges in the 3rd and I thought Chris was landing more effective punches and if he continued to pile on eventually Luke would wilt, but he went for the spinning back kick and Luke is nasty on top of guys. Always wanted to see a rematch

Two out of three judges had Rockhold winning round one and all three had him winning round two. So, technically, Weidman didn’t actually win a round. Would still like to see a rematch.

I know that, which i can't see how the first wasnt weidmans..that was crazy to me

So i just rewatched the fight..and sherdog seems to have some myths about this fight...i will try and explain and debunk em

Myth number 1- Weidman was losing the fight/getting dominated

Weidman was not losing that fight..he did lose the 2nd round though but weidman won the first and was wining the third up untill the infamous kick ..

Myth 2 - weidman was gased,

Weidman wasnt gassed, he was actually the fresher man going into the third and was connecting at will on rockhold who was taken deep breaths..

Myth 3 the fight wasn't competitive

This fight was extremely competitive clearly the best MW at the time fighting, lots of high level and powerful exchanges, weidman was throwing rockhold around and rockholds kicks were brutal and weidmans movement was crisp and effective
Those myths are all in your head. Everything you said here is true. That was a very competitive fight until that kick, LOL. Rockhold is an animal on the ground. Weidman can hang with him on the feet.

I thought it was 1-1 and Luke was gassing, he even said he was sick or something prior to the fight can’t remember exactly.

They were having competitive exchanges in the 3rd and I thought Chris was landing more effective punches and if he continued to pile on eventually Luke would wilt, but he went for the spinning back kick and Luke is nasty on top of guys. Always wanted to see a rematch

Id watch those guys fight 5 times..it was such a competitive fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back