How pathetic is hw when Justin Willis is co headlining

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Blaydes is a great talent and will have a good career no doubt but put him in pride 15 years ago and he gets startched by any top hw. DC is very smart staying at hw now. His biggest challenges are stipe and ngannou, both of whom he can easily beat.

Willis is a poor man's Derrick Lewis. Balls not hot enough, swang and bang not swangy and bangy enough.

2 years of training and you are a UFC heavyweight.

Really all you need as a heavyweight is mediocre boxing and the ability to generate power.

Then boom, you are in the top 10.

Relax man, it was a UFC fight night.. We have had 3 UFC events in like 1 month, including a bunch of title fights

1 card every week will do that sometimes....

Roy Nelson was the main event on more than one occasion that's just as bad but as he plays up being fat by rubbing his massive belly it's ok I guess?

Was supposed to be a showcase for Blaydes
Any HW could have filled that spot
Co-main was Blaydes vs someone.

>Blaydes a great talent

Pleb Tier JUCO wrestling creds, ZERO stand up, and a few years MMA training.

If anything that just further confirms your point. HW is an embarrassment of a division.

<DisgustingHHH>

Blaydes is a great talent and will have a good career no doubt but put him in pride 15 years ago and he gets startched by any top hw. DC is very smart staying at hw now. His biggest challenges are stipe and ngannou, both of whom he can easily beat.
I disagree for that was a time every fighter specialized in one art and Curtis can strike and wrestle. What makes you think Blaydes that has a win over everyone he has fought thus far in UFC except Ngannou would be "startched"? Because he had no good opposition in Big titty? Also why couldn't Blaydes roid up like they did in Pride, he would been a monster.

You talk like hes one of those LAY and PRAY wrestlers that waits for decisions he has 9 finishes in 13 fights most TKO's

I think he would have done just fine if Mark Coleman was able to make it.

Last edited:
I've been on record saying this for a bit but I want a middleweight to move up to heavyweight just to show how horrible that division is.

ROckhold actually speculated on a match with Werdum and I'd have loved to see it. I'm not saying Rockhold would have won, but it would have gone a very long ways in showing people the state of the division.

That fight was Blaydes fault no doubt hes good but it speaks volumes that he didn't (couldn't? Idc) finish Willis than Willis not being able to wrestle.

I'm not familiar with Pride. What stops 2019 Blaydes from imposing his will on a 2004 Pride heavyweight?

You mean how pathetic the quality of cards are? What does Willis' placement on the card have to do with the HW division??

I'm not familiar with Pride. What stops 2019 Blaydes from imposing his will on a 2004 Pride heavyweight?
giphy.gif

I've been on record saying this for a bit but I want a middleweight to move up to heavyweight just to show how horrible that division is.

ROckhold actually speculated on a match with Werdum and I'd have loved to see it. I'm not saying Rockhold would have won, but it would have gone a very long ways in showing people the state of the division.

They'd just get KTFO, Rumble couldn't knock out Arlovski who some criticize as a glass chin.

I think the HW division is weak. But there is a reason you have 210 pound guys cutting to make MW. It’s not bc they like to cut weight. It’s bc they can’t handle or don’t enjoy getting hit by a HW.
You have massive LHW cutting to 205. They don’t do it bc cutting weight is fun. I do think a 225-230 pound dude is better off at HW than LHW but they know better than me.

Back