For people saying that Blaydes laid on Willis for 3 rounds...

TheToqueville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just curious, were you complaining when Stipe did it to Ngannou for 5 rounds? Or was it a "brilliant gameplan" when Stipe did it?

It was a brilliant gameplan from both fighters, and Ngannou is far more dangerous than Willis.
See: Blaydes vs Ngannou I & II

He fought exactly the fight he needed to.

Was it exciting? Hell naw.

But he made it look pretty effortless. It was up to big titty Willis to stop him from imposing his will, and he couldn't. Blaydes man-handled him.

I was complaining. Like with Stipe vs Ngannou. I believe he could have finished him easily if he had bothered looking for a sub instead of grinding to a decision.

Blaydes had the opportunity to do more, but I'm not mad at his performance. Still dominant.

On the other hand, Stipe had to focus pretty much all his energy on keeping Francis down. Francis is a much bigger and stronger guy than willis who is better at getting up and poses a bigger threat once he stands. Keeping him grounded was both paramount and a tougher task.

Also, Stipe fuckin thumped Francis on the feet.

Blame the fat guy with no wrestling who kept getting taken down and not the guy who kept taking him down.
If you can't wrestle don't take fights with wrestlers. If you can wrestle, use it to win fights.

I'm just glad he isn't good enough to make it to another main or comain Event again. We know Dana won't put him against someone who can't stuff his TD and KO him next

It was a brilliant gameplan from both fighters, and Ngannou is far more dangerous than Willis.
See: Blaydes vs Ngannou I & II

Blaydes vs Ngannou II only makes sense if you believe the UFC was purposely trying to derail Blaydes from a title fight in fear that he might win. They eliminated a legit HW title contender in such a thin division in a dumb fight unless they wanted him to lose.

Plenty of people complained about Stipe doing it too so you can go ahead and shut up now TS

Both fights the guys took the fight out of the fight for the majority of the fight.
Stalling holding no action.

That’s fine but not appealing to watch and certainly you don’t want to pay for a fighter who does that.

Guys this has ben accepted as skill now get over it.. If you dont wanna get lay n prayed learn how to not get lay m prayed.

I did'nt even seen the fight, but this Is same shit people whine about from theyr couch anytime a wrestling-based fighter do his thing

Just curious, were you complaining when Stipe did it to Ngannou for 5 rounds? Or was it a "brilliant gameplan" when Stipe did it?
Stipe landed way more strikes and actually beat Francis up in the feet and besides two or three brief takedowns he stood the whole first round in the feet with Ngannou and actually rocked him . Blaydes wasnt eveng landing GnP he had one knockdown in the feet and thats it also given the fact that he was fighting Justin Willis and not a Francis Ngannou .
Blaydes put on a wrestling clinic but he should have finished Willis hecould have gotten the backmount numerous times but he didnt want to . Neither did he go for a submission even once even his corner was yelling LAY AT HIM.
I dont have a problem with Blaydes gameplan he put on a wrestling clinic and it was entertaining for him to call that annoying pos Willis out for his trashtalk but Stipe performance was 100x better its not even comparable.

GSP actually was smashing people in the ground yet you hate on him but you are trying to praise Blaydes / defend him ? Why is that ?

There's a difference between Ngannou and Big Tittie, but yeah Stipe should've look for the finish too.

Blaydes vs Ngannou II only makes sense if you believe the UFC was purposely trying to derail Blaydes from a title fight in fear that he might win. They eliminated a legit HW title contender in such a thin division in a dumb fight unless they wanted him to lose.
That fight showed us why Curtis will never hold a belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back