Not gonna lie, I think Nate Diaz smashes Tony Ferguson on the feet

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Take a moment to compare the two. Nate Is LEVELS beyond Tony here.

His pad work here Is a solid Indication of how much his boxing has Improved over the years.

This is Tony's last fight

A lot of people don't realize how much Nate's boxing has Improved over the years. He's legitimately as good as Nick, If not better In some ways. One of the few fighters to get legitimate praise from legitimate pro boxers like Andre ward and Amir Khan and could do well In pro boxing if he chose that path.

Tony Is a warrior but he's very sloppy In almost everything he does on the feet. He gets dropped every single fight. He wins fights because he has a warrior spirit, he gets stronger as the fight goes on, he outlasts his opponents In these wars of attrition. Along with establishing a pace that his opponents cannot keep up with

Problem Is, Nate Is very much like this as well. He does not quit, has an Iron chin, gets stronger as the fight goes on, he puts a lot of pressure on you and establishes a pace that not many can keep up with. He's a zombie who just keeps coming. Both Tony and Nate are very alike In this sense.

Tony has more tools, he throws kicks, elbows, knees..but he's also very sloppy. Very reckless offensively and leaves himself very exposed. His versatility would keep him honest on the feet, but given how his past fights have gone and given the massive discrepancy In the boxing..I don't think It would be enough. Tony himself relies heavily on his boxing

I wouldn't count Tony out and It would be a fun scrap If it ever happened. Probably a back and forth war. Obviously Tony has many tools if he chooses to use them, Including wrestling. Styles make fights though and Nate would have a lot going for him In that one.

Last edited:
Take a moment to compare the two. Nate Is LEVELS beyond Tony here.

This is Tony's last fight

A lot of people don't realize how much Nate's boxing has Improved over the years. He's legitimately as good as Nick, If not better In some ways. One of the few fighters to get legitimate praise from legitimate pro boxers like Andre ward and Amir Khan and could do well In pro boxing if he chose that path.

Tony Is a warrior but he's very sloppy In almost everything he does on the feet. He gets dropped every single fight. He wins fights because he has a warrior spirit, he gets stronger as the fight goes on, he outlasts his opponents In these wars of attrition. Along with establishing a pace that his opponents cannot keep up with

Problem Is, Nate Is very much like this as well. He does not quit, has an Iron chin, gets stronger as the fight goes on, he puts a lot of pressure on you and establishes a pace that not many can keep up with. He's a zombie who just keeps coming. Both Tony and Nate are very alike In this sense.

Tony has more tools, he throws kicks, elbows, knees..but he's also very sloppy. Very reckless offensively and leaves himself very exposed. His versatility would keep him honest on the feet, but given how his past fights have gone and given the massive discrepancy In the boxing..I don't think It would be enough. Tony himself relies heavily on his boxing, It's his most

I wouldn't count Tony out and It would be a fun scrap If it ever happened. Obviously Tony has many tools if he chooses to use them, Including wrestling. Styles make fights though and Nate would have a lot going for him In that one.

Thanks, captain obvious.

Yeah. No brainer, to be honest. Tony has some huge holes in his stand up game, while Nate really isn't too shabby on the feet.

Nate is the most underrated fighter on the lightweight roster, and it's because he doesn't fight often. He would be a top 5 and has been top 5 in the past. Losing to the LW GOAT Bendo doesn't make you a gatekeeper.

Tony has more weapons than just boxing. He will kick Diaz legs all day. Diaz is too 1 dimensional on the feet. I have tony by being a no gives up fighter and being more crafty and a better kickboxer/muay thai guy

What the Diaz brothers "would" do is the story of their careers. The most theoretical fighters in the history of mma

You obviously haven’t seen Nate Diaz against a good striker. Other than Michael Johnson and Cowboy, Diaz usually tries to do his best Big Nog impressions in fights

We were watching human execution on television when he fought RDA and Bendo

Conor used him as a punching bag for the first two rounds of both fights until he gasses

Nate is the most underrated fighter on the lightweight roster, and it's because he doesn't fight often. He would be a top 5 and has been top 5 in the past. Losing to the LW GOAT Bendo doesn't make you a gatekeeper.

Does losing to the energizer bunny in clay guida do that to you? He has more losses as well besides him. Dude is not a top 5 fighter. He is too 1 dimensional on the stand up and his wrestling isnt good.

Yeah, Nate's a bad match up for Tony, have always thought he'd beat Tony.

Nate hates fighting though, so he'll never fight a guy like Tony who brings very little money to the table.

Last edited:

Doesn't make you a gatekeeper, but it sure as hell doesn't make you elite. He got thoroughly outclassed in that fight and against RDA

Last edited:

Lol

Diaz has lost to some dude called Koji, Hermes, Clay, Stevenson and Dong Hyun Kim. Not exactly the best caliber fighters. He has also lost to many very good fighters like Benson, Rory, Gray, RDJ and Conor. Lets face it, he is not a top 5 and is only a gatekeeper. He needs right matchup/favorable matchup for a title shot.

In a pure boxing match, yeah. Diaz has the cleaner technique.

Cucuy has WAY more overall weapons in his arsenal though. His kicks and elbows would give Nate all kinds of issues. He also carries more power in his strikes.

Tony leg kicks him to death and wins 30-27. way too creative for Nate.

Nate is a horrible matchup
Nate is the better grappler and striker
Reach probably cancels out
They both can go a hard 5
Stylistically I only see Tony winning by doctor stoppage if he cuts Nate with Elbows

Well, I think a big part of It is that he hit his peak a lot as a fighter In the last few years, people still think of him as the same fighter from 5 years ago though.

Guy's boxing has improved greatly over the years. He's far stronger, more filled out, no longer a stick. Training with Kron gracie for the last 4-5 years.

Easily one of the most underrated fighters I've seen In a long time given his skillset..

Nate is a horrible matchup
Nate is the better grappler and striker
Reach probably cancels out
They both can go a hard 5
Stylistically I only see Tony winning by doctor stoppage if he cuts Nate with Elbows

Nate is not a better grappler lol. You do know wrestling is part of grappling right? BJJ they are both about equal but Tony destroys him in wrestling. Tony is a better striker and grappler.

MD you sneaky mother fucker! I'd be a for Tony getting a tune up but let's be real, Nate Diaz has proven he's a lower top 10 LW at best, and idk how well that would hold up anymore.

Nate is not a better grappler lol. You do know wrestling is part of grappling right? BJJ they are both about equal but Tony destroys him in wrestling. Tony is a better striker and grappler.
No he’s not
I personally would give Nate the edge
Tony very rarely uses his wrestling(fought pettis and didn’t lol)
Grappling only becomes a factor when Tony gets knocked down which I think probably happens
Tony likely will not abuse kicks as that is not his game whatsoever
Nate wins

MD you sneaky mother fucker! I'd be a for Tony getting a tune up but let's be real, Nate Diaz has proven he's a lower top 10 LW at best, and idk how well that would hold up anymore.
He beat MJ#5
Cowboy who was #2 when he left

Back