Why did DC wait till round 5...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
To start wrestling Jones in their first fight? What’s wrong with that guy? If you’re an Olympic wrestler embrace it dude! Why did he only force his wrestling in the final round?
aBHaxEQ.gif

Because Jones is simply on another level when it comes to mma wrestling

He’s the best

That TD did more harm than it did good

Gave him nothing and he wasted energy for it - Jones got back up immediately

DC probably batista bombs Jon Jones in the 2nd fight if Jones wasn't on those picos

tenor.gif

To start wrestling Jones in their first fight? What’s wrong with that guy? If you’re an Olympic wrestler embrace it dude! Why did he only force his wrestling in the final round?
aBHaxEQ.gif
Play the hole clip Jones got right back up.

Jones is such a dirtbag that it is hilarious. Even if the gif, he almost grabs the top of the cage to stop the takedown

Energy. Couldn't afford to blow his wad too early or he would've been nothing but a flabby target by round three.

Jones has GOAT MMA wrestling.

Jones is a better MMA wrestler than DC.

wut?
He tried to take him down in every round and failed
Yep.

DC went 1-8 in takedown attempts. I wouldn’t count the high crotch lift as a takedown as DC had no control.

He tried a whole lot. Jones just stuffed him. Even that TD led to nothing. This was just DC salvaging his pride after getting out wrestled all fight.

Well did you watch the entire thing? Jones was out working him basically the entire time.

Because being exposed as a worse wrestler than Jones and, then, losing the fight is worse than just losing it.

He did the right thing.

Because Jones is simply on another level when it comes to mma wrestling

He’s the best

Jones fought him in the clinch the entire time basically just to prove a point. I don’t give a fuck I will fight you at your best attribute. Jones gives zero fucks.

aBHaxEQ.gif
DC wanted to prove something
Thats also why he did that
Iirc he put his all just to get that after he was comfortably losing, more like a metal win

Jones is such a dirtbag that it is hilarious. Even if the gif, he almost grabs the top of the cage to stop the takedown

oh no, he almost graps the top of the cage! THATS FUCKING ILLEGAL - almost.

wut?
He tried to take him down in every round and failed
There's a world of difference between going for a few TDs and an Olympic caliber wrestler imposing their game on the opponent. I'm not a fan of Cormier but he has the skill to do a lot more than a few TD attempts. He didn't because if he didn't get the finish he would've been too gassed to defend against Jones' far superior striking in the later rounds.

Back