Was Conor's performance vs Alvarez the best performance ever in MMA?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I mean, Silva vs Griffin is up there, but Alvarez -------> Griffin in terms of skill, and its not even close. LW is the most competitive weightclass and to beat UFC LW champion like that.. It has to be the highest level of MMA we have ever seen.

Last edited:
yeah it's up there, definitely one of the cleanest.

it was almost unreal how good he looked that night.

in before bitter conor haters.

VeneratedDangerousBlackbuck-small.gif

Lucky punches...all 40 of them. Also, rumor is the Eddie had swine flu and AIDS. So...

100% agree. The caliber of opponent he did it to makes it imo the most impressive MMA win I can think of off top. It was a bad style matchup for him as well. Silva Griffin is 2nd, but Forrest's game played into Anderson's. Machida - Evans is another.

He has the #1 and #2 best performances in championship fight history IMO.

Aldo is #1, Eddie is #2.

What? Absolutely not. I know this is trolling but it's just lazy

I mean, Silva vs Griffin is up there, but Alvarez -------> Griffin in terms of skill, and its not even close. LW is the most competitive weightclass and to beat UFC LW champion like that.. It has to be the highest level of MMA we have ever seen.

Would that version of Conor have beaten Kebab?

Not even close. The best performance is one great fighter dominating another great fighter. Eddie is good, not great.

I'd say fights like Penn Hughes 1 is a much better example of two great fighters where one guy was simply much better.

Griffin was never a great fighter so Silva murking him has very little relevance.

Maia vs. condit was pretty much flawless, and many people considered Condit the rightful champion at the time.

Annoys me how ungrateful MMA fans can be. Conor has some very special performances and performed at an exceptionally high level but some people will bend over backwards to discredit everything.

I say all of this as someone who doesn't even like Conor.

Not even close. The best performance is one great fighter dominating another great fighter. Eddie is good, not great.

I'd say fights like Penn Hughes 1 is a much better example of two great fighters where one guy was simply much better.

Griffin was never a great fighter so Silva murking him has very little relevance.
I believe Eddie has more developed game than what Hughes had back then.

Would that version of Conor have beaten Kebab?

Bro...how was your nap..

You know the one you took under that rock youve been sleeping under since conor beat eddie...

News flash eddie still has more UFC LW wins then conor..

Hughes is an all time great and higher in the GOAT list than Alvarez because of his accomplishments, but 2016 Alvarez is more skilled/higher level fighter than 2004 Hughes.

Back