Gassed Out of Shape Conor didn’t get taken down at will by Khabib

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was soundly outgrappled and outstruck with fear of the takedown limiting him.

He looked sloppy, his strikes were weak.

But I would say he wrestled better against Khabib than I was expecting.

I think an in shape Conor makes this a real fight.

He was in shape! He trained his ass off for this fight!

I still don't know why he decided to stand upright with his hands down when walking towards Khabib

Upright.PNG

That's one of the more interesting things to me if the rematch happens. If Conor absolutely respects his striking the way he did with somebody like Nate, can he touch Khabib up?

Who knows

He was soundly outgrappled and outstruck with fear of the takedown limiting him.

He looked sloppy, his strikes were weak.

But I would say he wrestled better against Khabib than I was expecting.

I think an in shape Conor makes this a real fight.

Styles make fights and Khabib is a horrible match up for him. He's always gonna be scared of the take down and you'll never see confident striking from him because of it. He needs to go back to 145.

Feel like I've seen this thread before..
<LikeReally5>

Conor has nothing for Khabib.

Conor in Khabib fight was worst version of Conor ever.

Best Conor crushes him in two.

Come on
Enough Conor bait threads

I still don't know why he decided to stand upright with his hands down when walking towards Khabib

View attachment 549803

That's one of the more interesting things to me if the rematch happens. If Conor absolutely respects his striking the way he did with somebody like Nate, can he touch Khabib up?

Who knows
I thought Khabib would win but I know it once i saw that, I have never seen him do it, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone do that
Conor must of been reading Sherdog thinking khabib has no striking
It backfired
I believe firing the knee was a mistake aswell, that’s a all or nothing move, either knockout or takedown he didn’t ko him
He had plenty of time to move away
I’m not sure a rematch ever happens

He sucked straight up apart from a couple of knees. Deal with it. Stop being so delusional.

i think his conditioning was better than we've seen It. He still had energy In the 4th after being squeezed and punished on the ground.

Mentally i think he seemed off though, which seemed to be the biggest factor more so than his conditioning.

With Conor, a big thing that made him so successful was his supreme confidence. Which just wasn't there and I tend to think It wasn't just his opponent although that was probably part of it. He fought Floyd, one of the greatest boxers of this generation In his own realm..he looked a bit nervous but calm and seemed ready.

Something about his body language just seemed off, makes you wonder what Kenny Florian saw back stage which caused him to change his pick before the fight.

In any case, that doesn't necessarily mean that even the best version of Conor would beat Khabib. It's still a tough style matchup for him, but It seems like he may be able to hold his own more than he did. Particularly If he's mentally on his A game and his boxing / striking is where It needs to be..two areas where he seemed underwhelming relative to his usual self.

When a fighter Is off, It shows In their energy. Like BJ Penn before the 2nd Edgar fight or Woodley In the Usman fight. Hard to logically explain what It is but something just seems weird.

Maybe Conor In his massive growth of wealth just doesn't have the same fire anymore. Were left with more questions than answers as to where Conor stands at the moment

Last edited:
He was slamming Whiskey shots before the fight and was half drunk, makes sense.

McGregor was in better shape in this fight than he has been in years. He cheated too.

He avoided TD's in round 3 by grabbing Khabib's shorts in the third and holding the inside of his gloves

<LikeReally5><LikeReally5><LikeReally5>

and he still got killed.

......or Khabib is just a better MMA grappler.

But yeah fuck logic!

He’s out on coke benders whilst the rest of the top 10 are tirelessly training. Why would the outcome be any different from the first? I actually want the rematch now at this point, a lot of people need an unwelcomed awakening

I thought Khabib would win but I know it once i saw that, I have never seen him do it, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone do that
Conor must of been reading Sherdog thinking khabib has no striking
It backfired
I believe firing the knee was a mistake aswell, that’s a all or nothing move, either knockout or takedown he didn’t ko him
He had plenty of time to move away
I’m not sure a rematch ever happens
He walked the same away against Siver.

Back