Did Cowboy's attitude towards the Conor fight ruin the opportunity for him ?

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
As soon as Conor showed interest in the fight, Cowboy jumped all over Conor's balls. "I'm living his Conor's world" + free advertising for Proper Twelve (Proper Irish Whiskey for proper MMA fans, 25$ a bottle and available at your nearest retailer).

This major break of kayfabe led to the public not taking the matchup very seriously. The only people interested to see it were the hardcore fights.

If Cowboy brought that energy and took it to Conor, the fight would have been 100% booked. Instead, he was overwhelmed and wanted to become best buddies with Conor.

Ariel Helwani was right all along.

Probably. Dude is the definition of a douche, but since most sherdoggers love him and hate Conor, they will pretend it's all Conor's fault.

Conor is fighting who instead again?

Cowboy fucked it for himself. Ariel was right, lost a bit of hespect for Cerrone when he did that.

Cowboy doesn't understand what negotiating is. The path to the fight was clear; Conor was going to sqeeze as much juice out of the UFC to show up as a co-main and it was a perfect time for Cerrone to use the newfound leverage and get a bit more for himself.

No not at all. Conor wanted a three round main event non title fight, it seems the UFC were not down with that. Not sure where this leaves Conor but I think the UFC want him back in title position ASAP to rinse every penny from the machine.

Probably. Dude is the definition of a douche, but since most sherdoggers love him and hate Conor, they will pretend it's all Conor's fault.

Haven’t heard anyone blame Conor.

Cerrone couldn’t have handled it worse. I was embarrassed for him.

If I remember correctly it’s because the ufc wanted Conor to Co main instead of headline and Conor was basically like yea I don’t think so..

Cerrone wanted that money fight so bad that he was willing to treat Conor like his idol.

Not a good look.

Khabib simply pissed Conor off and then beat him up.

No. It's only about 2 situations.
A] McGregor fight is obvious ppv( dont know when this latest espn+ thing kicks in) so it's a non title fight so co-main label is unacceptable to the elf.
B] If this would come to fruition then Conor looking to hold UFC hostage for big $$$$ to accept not being in main event.
Lol- Its probably "like" felony extortion.

I can't believe I used to support this guy.

As soon as Conor showed interest in the fight, Cowboy jumped all over Conor's balls. "I'm living his Conor's world" + free advertising for Proper Twelve (Proper Irish Whiskey for proper MMA fans, 25$ a bottle and available at your nearest retailer).

This major break of kayfabe led to the public not taking the matchup very seriously. The only people interested to see it were the hardcore fights.

If Cowboy brought that energy and took it to Conor, the fight would have been 100% booked. Instead, he was overwhelmed and wanted to become best buddies with Conor.

Ariel Helwani was right all along.

He would of been bettter off saying he wouldn't drink that pish (proper 12) for all King Midas sillver.

In fact he should of told him the next time he sees him, he's going to knock back a bud and proceed to smash the bottle over his square head.

Maybe that wouldn't of gotten him the fight either, but he would of looked less of a cuck!

It didn’t help
It’s one thing to be nice it’s another when you’re being nice to someone we all know you dislike
Conor lurks on Sherdog via his burner account @Notoriouslefthand and he saw all the negativity
Sherdog conned Cowboy Cerrone

Back