Conor wants Habib to stand and fight, while he himself turns into panic wrestler

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
Conor is STILL pissed off that Habib went for the legs:
McGregor continues: “He almost dropped me, but then shot for the legs. Stand there and fight”

Yet, when he was getting beat up and about to get knocked out, he went for the legs too:

Does that make sense to you?

He's just trying to stay relevant. Khabib will maul him worse than the first time if they ever meet again.

Are we forgetting the 3rd round where Khabib "stood and fought" with him and Conor did nothing significant at all

Yes it makes sense. Conor wants khabib to stand and trade with him more if there’s a rematch. Also, Conor was rocked and panic wrestled against Nate, while khabib was not the one who was rocked when he started to wrestle after rocking Conor. Clearly a difference.

Are we forgetting the 3rd round where Khabib "stood and fought" with him and Conor did nothing significant at all

you are right. habibi gave conor a whole round to try and do something. habib ate conor's best shots.

Isn't it MMA?

He can go boxing if he wants to stand.

Conor is STILL pissed off that Habib went for the legs:
McGregor continues: “He almost dropped me, but then shot for the legs. Stand there and fight”

Yet, when he was getting beat up and about to get knocked out, he went for the legs too:

your blue belt makes sense to me as it tells me far more clearly that you're just a troll

now, see, had you a belt worth anything, like say...a green or higher, L o L, then MAYBE, just MAYBE, your troll topics would be a bit more subtle since y'know, people would hold you to a higher regard if you had a man's belt
<BronTroll1>

you are right. habibi gave conor a whole round to try and do something. habib ate conor's best shots.
They wren't his best shots
by then in the 3rd round that pop or KO power that Conor has in the first round was long gone, he was still recovering

Stand there and fight!

AgileHighlevelFurseal-size_restricted.gif

His new clothing line is called Proper Tap Out

Last edited:
Conor got rocked
Khabib did the rocking

Imagine shooting for the legs after landing a flush power shot
S H O O K

Stand there and fight!

AgileHighlevelFurseal-size_restricted.gif
The GIF that convinced me that Nate Diaz threw away the second fight. You have your opponent gassed and running away with his hands on his hips, and what do you do? You point an laugh, instead of revving up the pressure and ending the fight. Nate had plenty of time on the clock to end that fight in that round.

However, to be fair to Conor, by panic wrestling and giving up his backside to Nate Diaz (in the first fight) he saved his career. A KO/TKO which was coming, by one of the weakest punchers in that division would have seriously crushed his image. Sometimes quitting is the best thing to do. Don't believe that "I will never quit" nonsense. Sometimes you must quit to preserve yourself, and give yourself a shot at redemption. Look at all the years Cigano lost by not quitting in the last 2 Cain fights.

Never play into your opponents strength.
Bring the fight where you have an advantage over him.
Basics.

Conor is becoming unbearable.. he got absolutely smashed and couldn’t do a thing about it and now is trying to make himself feel better

If you won the fight and didn’t take much damage, you did everything right.

Fuck whatever Conor is talking about. <45>

Yes. He was talking about a fighter who landed a good shot and then went for a take down. What's the point of that? Stand there and finish the job on the feet.

Conor went for a take down when he was hurt. So there was no reason to stand there and get himself knocked out. He needed to at least try and change the rhythm of the fight.

Whether you agree with this philosophy of Conor, that's what he meant.

Now do you understand?

Back