Why in the world are people asking Darren Till to go to 185?

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
How does going to 185 solve any of Darren's problems, he basically dies against most people in the top 10 because he is not mature enough. Darren's only chance of ever becoming champion is at 170 and he has gotton so close already at just age 26 so why would he move up?

Darren needs to just stop blowing up his weight so much out of camp, yeah Darren's big but everyone in welterweight is big they just don't eat absolute trash between camps.
Look how big some of these welterweights are:
136_Tyron_Woodley_x_Kamaru_Usman.0.jpg

Darren-Till-Stephen-Thompson-966986.jpg

He brags about being a LHW.
yeah he's an idiot, he is a moderate sized middleweight at best and if he cut weight properly he is honestly no bigger than tyron, usman and wonderboy.

Yeahhhh...he needs to stay at WW..size is his only strength

Well...

So he can eat as many three pieces with a soda as he likes.

Fact.

It's not about the cut. I bet you Usman cuts just as much, if not more than Till

The skill department is where he is severely lacking compared to other top ranked WWs

Weight cut affects everyone badly.

He probably cuts from 205 or something.
woodley cuts from 195/200 and Usman probably does about 200, till just needs to stay lighter between camps

It's not about the cut. I bet you Usman cuts just as much, if not more than Till

The skill department is where he is severely lacking compared to other top ranked WWs
I agree but atleast he can stay in the fringe top 5/top 10 in WW in MW the top 5 may just kill him, yoel would literally decapitate him

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10/3/17933550/darren-till-announces-move-up-to-middleweight

because thats what he said he do?
"
“I’m a big dude for welterweight to be honest, so that’s probably going to be my last fight at that weight,” wrote Till. “Welterweight isn’t fully gone for me, but I’m going to be happy going up to middleweight now and I’ll be strong at that weight not having to cut as much weight.

“It’s not that I can’t make the weight. I’m just a big lad so I just have to be on such a strict, regimented diet and being honest, I don’t like doing it. People might say ‘he’s not disciplined enough’, but because I have to cut so much weight I can only eat the bare minimum of food and that’s not how I want to be training.”

Wtf?

Skill level lacking?

The guy fought for a fuckin belt than was beating Masvidal before the KO.

Masvidal would have beat almost any welter in that cage that night, dude was mission scary.

So no he’s not the best but he’s damn sure not terrible.

Sherdog pisses me off sometimes.

Don’t drink and Sherdog kids

@Ragnus

Till doesn't need any top 5-10 fights right now.

He needs to move up to MW and fight at least 3-4 unranked guys or guys ranked lower than 10 to build himself back up.

Usman in the Joe Rogan podcast says he's usually near 6 percent body fat and he walks around at 185-190. Thats WAY less than what Till walks at.

Wtf?

Skill level lacking?

The guy fought for a fuckin belt than was beating Masvidal before the KO.

Masvidal would have beat almost any welter in that cage that night, dude was mission scary.

So no he’s not the best but he’s damn sure not terrible.

Sherdog pisses me off sometimes.

Don’t drink and Sherdog kids
He wasn’t winning though. Masvidal easily ran away with that second round and even the commentators were saying how he took over the fight in stat percentage. Jorge found his rythym and figured Till out late in the first and it’s obvious as day.

True story...

Because he is not a freaking WW. Thats why. And if you really need examples of other guys that weren’t WW... You’re casual af.

giphy.gif

He wasn’t winning though. Masvidal easily ran away with that second round and even the commentators were saying how he took over the fight in stat percentage. Jorge found his rythym and figured Till out late in the first and it’s obvious as day.

First round clearly Til, second round was different but Til was up 1-0

I get your point though, momentum had changed

The weight cut drains him. Anthony Smith had the same issue at MW, he got KO'd too, and then went 3-0 in the upper LWH class and 5 rounds with the champ.
Darren Till would do well in the middleweight division. But we learned that Till has somewhat of a glass chin. He wouldn't survive against the top 5 (Costa, Adesanya, Whittaker, Souza, Gastelum).
He's the younger version of Bisping, who was also undefeated until he came to the UFC

He’s conquered welterweight - onto middleweight now.

Back