Sean Sherk is 36-4 but most of his wins are weak in hindsight.

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
His notable wins are: Karo Parysian 2x, Benji Radach, Nick Diaz, Hermes Franca, Kenny Florian, Manny Gamburyn, and Tyson Griffin.

He lost to: GSP, Hughes, Penn, and Edgar

He had a win against Evan Dunham but that's one of the biggest robberies in MMA history.

His wins over Florian and Diaz were against guys who had weak TDD and in the case of Florian was very early in his career(it was only his 8th fight and Kenny was only 5-2).

His win over Gamburyn was also only 5 fights into Gamburyn's career (Sherk's 12th).

The two Karo Parysian fights were both early in both of these fighters careers not in their primes and in a very short period of time.

Overall I have to say most of his wins are no names. And the names he did beat most of them he didn't beat in their primes. I'd say he beat Tyson Griffin in his prime but besides that maybe, maybe Benji Radach.

Sherk was a natural FW fighting the much larger WWs. Hespect.

Just bc they're not household names, doesn't make them no names. Not trying to be a dick but I remember lots from that era

Noob analysis with Wikipedia

Ban

It's not really Sherk's fault though. UFC scrapped the division and he had to fight in smaller events to put food on the table.

Just bc they're not household names, doesn't make them no names. Not trying to be a dick but I remember lots from that era
I remember a decent amount from that era, but just take a look at his record and you'll see for yourself.

Nick Diaz is a no name now?

Florian is a no name?

Sherk said it was financially better for him to smash dudes in local promotions rather than fight in PRIDE. Which is a shame, because I would have loved to have seen Kawajiri double leg him into oblivion.

Sherk was a natural. Hespect.

hmmm

are-you-sure-5c12cd.jpg

I remember a decent amount from that era, but just take a look at his record and you'll see for yourself.
I guess I just can't say they're no names if i...
Know their names

>insert YAAAAAOH Ginger CSI guy gif <

He was a ripped lil manlet.. USADA would have been proud

His notable wins are: Karo Parysian 2x, Benji Radach, Nick Diaz, Hermes Franca, Kenny Florian, Manny Gamburyn, and Tyson Griffin.

He lost to: GSP, Hughes, Penn, and Edgar

He had a win against Evan Dunham but that's one of the biggest robberies in MMA history.

His wins over Florian and Diaz were against guys who had weak TDD and in the case of Florian was very early in his career(it was only his 8th fight and Kenny was only 5-2).

His win over Gamburyn was also only 5 fights into Gamburyn's career (Sherk's 12th).

The two Karo Parysian fights were both early in both of these fighters careers not in their primes and in a very short period of time.

Overall I have to say most of his wins are no names. And the names he did beat most of them he didn't beat in their primes. I'd say he beat Tyson Griffin in his prime but besides that maybe, maybe Benji Radach.

i came in here expecting to shit on you, and then i actually thought about it. Its kinda true though lol. Plus he tried to fuck KenFlo to death in that title fight. yeah i agree lol

I'm surprised to see a "Sean Sherk is overrated"-type thread. In 2001 that dude fought eight times, winning seven with one draw. In 2004 he fought eight dudes as well, winning all eight, so you think he's able to find world-beaters every few days? It was a different era back then. Why is it that posters feel like disparaging the careers of fighters for no reason? I'll never understand that.

UFC LW champ, fought for the WW strap and went the distance against Hughes when Hughes was wrecking dudes. 5'6" and still held his own against welterweights fighting as a guy who likely only fought in that weight class because it was where he could get fights. Also, the UFC killed the LW division for years so it wasn't like he could fight at a high level at LW, there was only one serious platform for it (Pride) and he won there once.

Respect.

everyones wins seem weak in hindsight because the sport and its competitors keep evolving

I'm surprised to see a "Sean Sherk is overrated"-type thread. In 2001 that dude fought eight times, winning seven with one draw. In 2004 he fought eight dudes as well, winning all eight, so you think he's able to find world-beaters every few days? It was a different era back then. Why is it that posters feel like disparaging the careers of fighters for no reason? I'll never understand that.

UFC LW champ, fought for the WW strap and went the distance against Hughes when Hughes was wrecking dudes. 5'6" and still held his own against welterweights fighting as a guy who likely only fought in that weight class because it was where he could get fights. Also, the UFC killed the LW division for years so it wasn't like he could fight at a high level at LW, there was only one serious platform for it (Pride) and he won there once.

Respect.
Truth

Back