Should DC retire tomorrow?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
image.png

You really believe the end is coming?
"At 40 you know? I've always said it. At 40 it's over..." ...Or i'll first face Brock, Jones and Miocic.

Dana: If you only think about the R-word, and we don't have fights for you, you should retire.

Dana already confirmed DC is fighting a few more times (probably until the end of this year)

He is sticking around since he couldn't secure the retirement Brock fight. DC is past his prime. He is slowing down if you watch his training videos. He is also having issues with injuries. He sneezed and threw his back out.

He want that Brawck money, so no.

Brock, Stipe and deuces. Ties the HW defense record, and rides away with a fat bag.

If he retired tomorrow, he at least provided us with some classic moments and will be rememebredfor a very long time.

Such memories
<DCWhoa>

<36>
<DCrying>

this is obviously anecdotal, but it seems like DC has been 39 for like 7 years

Who cares... No one wants a fighter cherrypicking fights and calling himself things he never was and never will be, no one cares about a delusional and a pretender. He doesn't want to choose the real contenders, prove the GOAT point - very difficult, huh? Who would... - only the money ones, while people only remember him crying after a Jon "GOAT" Jones high kick to his mind. He is a joke, to me he can retire now and no one will ever remember him again. It doesn't matter.

I'd like to see him fight again, but sometimes these guys just don't know when to quit until it is too late. He set a very specific date for his exit and it would be refreshing to see him step away in his own terms.

I am sure they will chuck a good deal his way to get another fight or two and if he still feels physically and mentally in it, great

The whole dc retiring thing was a massive negotiation tactic much like when McGregor retired after being kicked off ufc 200 or when bisping gsp was “off”
He isn’t retiring without his white panty night against brock, after we will see

no way, the way the heavyweight division looks right now, he should stick around and enjoy the easy life

hiw fat is DC going to get after he retires? I'd say he reaches 280 after the first year

The whole dc retiring thing was a massive negotiation tactic much like when McGregor retired after being kicked off ufc 200 or when bisping gsp was “off”
He isn’t retiring without his white panty night against brock, after we will see

Red panty night. (Although I suppose it’s true that white panties may occasionally become red, but that’s neither here nor there.)

How the fuck is he P4P number 1
Former LHW champion with 3 successful defenses, current HW champion with 1 successful defense, Strikeforce HW Grand Prix champion, first and only fighter to defend titles in two different weight classes, second simultaneous multi-divisional champion... How is it hard to question it?

Personally, I have Bob Sapp at number 1 P4P wise.

Back