Will espn+ deal impact bars?

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
i get together with friends to watch ufc events and now im wondering if some will not show it because they do not have espn+

PPV won't be affected.

Non-PPV's probably will be. I doubt bars have ESPN+ at their fingertips. Yet. Or maybe ever.

Last I saw, bars and restaurants will still be able to purchase PPVs.

As for the regular events, I'm not sure.

i dont understand why bars the usually show fights and want to continue to show them cant simply subscribe to espn+ like the rest of us?

Honestly if you actually go to a Buffalo Wild Wings or some bar to watch fights, you deserve to miss them.
image.png

Sometimes its the most convenient way to watch the fights with your friends... I don't get your logic here...

You need ESPN+ active to order the PPVs though
I don't know exactly how the commercial purchasing worked or will work, but it's reported that it will be unaffected.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/ufc-ppv-espn-plus-pay-per-view-1203165507/
UFC will continue to sell its PPV events to commercial establishments (like bars and restaurants) but individual fans will need to be ESPN+ paying customers to buy the pay-per-views going forward.
I saw in another thread where Frankie from NY or -Dim- which said that bars purchase PPV's through a 3rd party anyway, and they still will. Too lazy to go find it, but it was probably yesterday if you want to go search. It was definitely one of those 2 posters.

Same as before for businesses, no change..
upload_2019-3-19_17-20-7.png
upload_2019-3-19_17-19-59.png

I don't know exactly how the commercial purchasing worked or will work, but it's reported that it will be unaffected.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/ufc-ppv-espn-plus-pay-per-view-1203165507/
UFC will continue to sell its PPV events to commercial establishments (like bars and restaurants) but individual fans will need to be ESPN+ paying customers to buy the pay-per-views going forward.
I saw in another thread where Frankie from NY or -Dim- which said that bars purchase PPV's through a 3rd party anyway, and they still will. Too lazy to go find it, but it was probably yesterday if you want to go search. It was definitely one of those 2 posters.

Yeah I see now. Didnt know
That's cool

on a side note, the Joe hand website is great as a consumer because you can put in an area code and it shows you all the bars in that area that have purchased events

upload_2019-3-19_17-22-5.png

Honestly if you actually go to a Buffalo Wild Wings or some bar to watch fights, you deserve to miss them.
Honestly no need get flamed over this comment. You just made sherdog 1% dumber with that post but at same time made every one with autism 10% smarter than you lol.

I used to luv going to fox & hound billiards watch ppv and play pool at the same time.

The prices for Johnny Walker and Proper 12 will increase.

When I was a kid i used to think it was paper view.

Right... should be watching grainy free stream in dark basement, alone...

Streams these days can be achieved in 1080p with no buffering or lag issues if you know what you are doing.

They rape bars to show the UFC. I remember some local joint got fined

Back