Media Dana White is starting to hype Ben Askren

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

After seeing the numbers Askren is pulling on Youtube, and how he handled the British crowd, Dana White is fully hyping Ben Askren now.

After basically saying that Ben Askren didn't really win against Robbie, he's now calling it an "incredible" and "fun" win.

Dana Bless

dana-white-money.jpg

Last edited:
I think they've been on the same page for a while.

There's a reason he finally got signed.

Dana is a promoter. He has an undefeated fighter close to title contention. He'll push Askren because that's what he does. It doesn't matter whether he likes the guy or not.

AskrenGoat is going to change the UFC's bum life. He was instrumental in the ESPN deal.

I don't think he sounded thrilled about it. Askren has done more marketing for himself than the UFC has. Dana just goes where the money is.

I don't think he sounded thrilled about it. Askren has done more marketing for himself than the UFC has. Dana just goes where the money is.
Its true,Askren is EVERYWHERE,and it seem like the ufc dont have shit to do with it.

Ehm, that's a fucking promotor's wet dream right there.

A fucking self-promoting fighter that actually manages to pull numbers..

if they signed him ,giving him good money to fight, it wasn't to see him lose, that's just nerd fantasy
i know dana white lies a lot but i believe him when he say they tried to make it happen for year, askren just didn't want to be in the UFC
his first fight was on one of the biggest card of the year, against a well known fighter, favorable match up, they then invited him to the london show to promote him
and people still believe the ugly duckling narrative that askren is selling, like the ufc and dana white have a personnal vendetta against him, fight promoter don't give out millions to someone hoping to see him lose...

Man... Wish I was a manlet, then I could get Megan Olivi.

Ben has been doing tons of media seemingly everyday since the Robbie fight all on his own. That definitely helps.

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask it here. What changed Dana's mind about Askren to get him to "trade" for DJ? For the longest time he was down on Ben, but all of a sudden he wanted him. Does anyone know the reason?

Back