Media Rashad Evan's on the Mike Tyson Podcast

wh5MJLs.png

I can't remember who's story it was but some years back a poster mentioned his mum/nan walking in and mentioning she didn't know Cuba Gooding Jnr fought in the UFC.

I still chuckle about that!

Suga Rashad was my first favorite fighter in mma, thanks for sharing, bud.

hB7GwXu.gif

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

Everytime I see Rashad or hear him speak, he seems extremely depressed.

Chuck Liddell was always begging to be KO'ed. Hands down in the pocket like he was invincible. Never changed. He fought dumb.

Everytime I see Rashad or hear him speak, he seems extremely depressed.
The Machida fight destroyed his confidence.

Sad to see, but it's happened to a lot of fighters throughout combat history. They go on a long winning streak, start to feel invincible, and then they experience their first loss, and they start second guessing themselves from there on out. It ruins their timing, and willingness to take chances. They become protective. They know they can be touched. It's the down side of not experience brutal losses early on. It's best to get the sense of invincibility out of the way early in your career.

It happened to Roy Jones Jr. and Anderson Silva.

Rashad just seems like a man who doesn't believe in himself anymore.

The Machida fight destroyed his confidence.

Sad to see, but it's happened to a lot of fighters throughout combat history. They go on a long winning streak, start to feel invincible, and then they experience their first loss, and they start second guessing themselves from there on out. It ruins their timing, and willingness to take chances. They become protective. They know they can be touched. It's the down side of not experience brutal losses early on. It's best to get the sense of invincibility out of the way early in your career.

It happened to Roy Jones Jr. and Anderson Silva.

Rashad just seems like a man who doesn't believe in himself anymore.

That seems pretty accurate. Sad to see, I hope he'll be ok as I always liked him.

Back