The truth about Welterweight the least skilled divison

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Historically 170 pound divison has had the worst champions and the worst high profile fights. Lets start off with GSP. He set the tone for that divison. A boring point style wrestler who has a decent jab.

Now it is Usmans turn. Me and you both know there was nothing memorable about usman fighting woodley. It was the most forgettable fight in a minute. The only beacon of hope was robbie and he got choked out by *shocker* another one dimensional wrestler.

What is it about the welterweight divison that attracts so many one dimensional fighters?

I'd say heavyweight is the least skilled. It's literally the definition of rock em sock em robots.

The current crop of Welterweights are more well-rounded and skilled than ever before

WW was full of one dimensional fighters and LWs during GSP’s reign. The division improved when more well rounded fighters such as Hendricks, Lawler, Woodley, and Usman took over.

Historically 170 pound divison has had the worst champions and the worst high profile fights. Lets start off with GSP. He set the tone for that divison. A boring point style wrestler who has a decent jab.

Now it is Usmans turn. Me and you both know there was nothing memorable about usman fighting woodley. It was the most forgettable fight in a minute. The only beacon of hope was robbie and he got choked out by *shocker* another one dimensional wrestler.

What is it about the welterweight divison that attracts so many one dimensional fighters?
Woodley's reign as champ were the worst 3 title fights of all time and a win over some lost whitebelt child at the airport Darren Till. Beacon of hope was Robbie? His broken body maybe has 2 fights left. 3 Max if you Really want to push it. You sound like both an idiot and a casual. Can't wait for your next thread.
"The truth about the..." lol.

I like how wrestling is being correlated with "least skilled" even though it has the steepest learning curve of any martial art (to reach mastery).

The worst high profile fights?

They kept bringing in the champs and best guys from everywhere else to fight GSP. Diaz, Shields, Condit...

You know shit about this topic, and should have left it in the drawer.

Throw TS in the trash.

/thread

GARBAGE THREAD. Permaban OP

giphy.gif

Lol

I assume this is a troll thread. I mean "one dimensional" - GSP was anything but that, and the division is a whole has very strong wrestlers who can also strike.

HW - has had a huge problem with lack of new blood, with old timers managing to get by on just their right hand
LHW - was lacking new blood for a long time. I mean, shit, Shogun was a potential title contender for a while just a few years ago.
Flyweight - during DJ's reign was regarded as being a shit division with weak

And if we're talking weak high profile fights - let's not forget the weird title fights at MW

Welterweight has had a tremendous amount of skilled people throughout the years, but the division does have a history of very dominant champions who make everyone else look like they don't belong, that speaks more to the champion's skill than the perceived weakness of the opposition.

Back