okay fellas hate aside, how good is colby

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I gotta admit when he first burst on to the scene it was easy for me and probably a lot of others to not really see how good he actually is. When you dont like a dude its a little harder to respect his skills especially when they are of the grind you down variety. Its not like his fights are knock outs, or wars that are hard to not like. The more I look at this guy and his style, and endless cardio, it makes me wonder....just how good is this dude? I have heard masvidal say a few times that hes never been dominated the way he gets dominated in practice by colby...Now i get that it's just practice, and its isolated to just wrestling, but that's still impressive as Jorge is a pretty decently grappler him self. He even basically held is own with Maia. Is his chin good enough for him to put that cardio to use vs the truly elite? is his wrestling good enough to hang with Usman? After watching the woodley fight i cant help but think, he probably would have did the same thing to woodley and i would have NEVER guessed that to be true before seeing how woodley had no answers for usman.

what do you think sherbors? How good is Colby? Is a legit contender or a pretender?

Colby is the best Welterweight in the world by a reasonable margin.

He would've beaten Woodley even easier than Usman did

He would have beaten Woodley.

Him and Marty will be competitive.

Near limitless cardio, relentless pressure game, adequate enough striking to set up his takedowns. Legit contender, who beat RDA and Maia before Usman..

One of the most underrated fighters in the UFC.

People's hatred for Colby blinds them on how good he really is.

He’s legit top 5 for dominating rda and Maia

Anyone that says otherwise is likely letting their emotions get in the way

yeah im thinking you guys are onto something. I have to admit i didnt see at soon as the rest of you but man he is a fucking nightmare match up for most of the guys in the WW division. I might place a pretty nice bet on him in his next fight.

He's really good. His pace is arguably his greatest attribute. Where he lacks, he can make up for by giving guys zero room to breathe.

One of the best WWs in the world right now IMO.

He's right in the cluster of four at the top (Colby, Askren, Marty, and Woodley).

I don't see an amazingly huge degree of difference among anyone in the top 4, assuming we are talking about Woodley-Woodley and not Zombie/Drugged/1000 yard stare Woodley.

My gut feeling is that he would beat Woodley in 2019, but lose to Askren and Marty. But that's just a guess.

Maia is a pretty atrocious striker and he was piecing Colby up when he decided to randomly let his hands go.

Colby has really good pressure, cardio and wrestling. He is a subpar striker, doesn't have stopping power and isn't particularly successful with submissions.

He's on a four decision streak, the last guy he stopped has a 2-4 UFC record, to put that in perspective.

So I think he's pretty appropriately considered around here - he has a great wrestling game but a overall lopsided skill set.

Colby is very good but any versions of Woodley mops the floor with him. Usman and Askren probably beat him too.

its pretty cool to see him at
Maia is a pretty atrocious striker and he was piecing Colby up when he decided to randomly let his hands go.

Colby has really good pressure, cardio and wrestling. He is a subpar striker, doesn't have stopping power and isn't particularly successful with submissions.

He's on a four decision streak, the last guy he stopped has a 2-4 UFC record, to put that in perspective.

So I think he's pretty appropriately considered around here - he has a great wrestling game but a overall lopsided skill set.

i forgot all about that.. he fucked maia up but maia was busting his face up. I was thiking holy shit if he let woodley hit him like this he would shit his pants. I guess it comes down to his chin

Marty's cardio is way better. Don't think he looked as good against maia.

Ill say this tho Covingon had a real chance at beating Woodley. He would have a sort of similar gameplan to Usman. Usman obviously has better striking but if Jake Shields can beat Woodley so can Covington.

Excellenct wrestler, poor striker who was being busted up by K1 Maia. He's like a better Mark Munoz that has a chin.

Askren and Usman are better than him where he's strong so I don't see him beating either. Woodley is more well rounded which would make things interesting. He's top 4 or 5 but definitely not the best.

His tempo & pressure are a nightmare but that RDA fight was mostly stalling on the fence as I remember wouldn't go back to watch that but he did what he had to. He's great at what he does just like Askren, Usman is more raw & unpolished but his will to win makes him a hard man to deal with

Back