Ferguson vs Raging Al?

Yonny

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
With every top 155er booked I think this is only fight that makes sense between these two. Who wins this matchup?

i'd favor tony but i wouldn't be surprised at all if Al KO/TKOs him. Iaquinta has just as much cardio as Tony and he has a better chin. I have no idea who would win the striking though lol

Fergie has too many tools for Al.

By the way Tony Ferguson's the type of guy to go to the nurse after being hit in dodgeball

Ferg doesn’t deserve that.

He has the most prolific win streak in UFC history with no belt around his waist.

Only possible fight at this point, Dana won't let him fight Conor or even Nate imo.

This is a great fight. For all of the hype around Ferg, not 100% sold as his win streak really boils down to 3 high level wins, and he gets put on queer st every fight. Also gives AL a chance to make a name for himself.

Last edited:
makes sense. al's toughness makes it a interesting matchup. but if tony didn't think max was deserving of a fight (even tho he literally asked on twitter to fight him the night of 231) I highly doubt he thinks al is deserving of a fight with him. I think tony is making a mistake holding out for conor or khabib

Al doesn't deserve Tony.

Here's what should happen: Poirier can go ahead and fight Holloway for the fake belt. Dana can then immediately pull it away because that's what the UFC does.
GoldenDecimalFlatcoatretriever-small.gif

Shortly after that Tony can fight Conor for to figure out who fights Khabib in October. No fake belt needed for Tony vs Conor since everyone knows they are a joke.

Al's durability, cardio, and power make this an interesting fight, but I can see Tony just having a higher output than al during the entire fight. I'd root for Al to land the big one, but I wouldn't bet on it.

i'd favor tony but i wouldn't be surprised at all if Al KO/TKOs him. Iaquinta has just as much cardio as Tony and he has a better chin. I have no idea who would win the striking though lol

Al has good cardio but it isn't on Tony's level. Not even close probably.

Ferg doesn’t deserve that.

He has the most prolific win streak in UFC history with no belt around his waist.
Well what else does he have available? Beg Conor for a fight? He had a shot at an interim belt against Max and turned it down, AI's probably the best most realistic match up to be made now unless he's keen on a rematch with either of Lee, Barboza, or wants an up and comer like Gillespie, don't think Conor would bother with him when's he's being lined up to face Cowboy.

Al doesn't deserve Tony.

Here's what should happen: Poirier can go ahead and fight Holloway for the fake belt. Dana can then immediately pull it away because that's what the UFC does.
GoldenDecimalFlatcoatretriever-small.gif

Shortly after that Tony can fight Conor for to figure out who fights Khabib in October. No fake belt needed for Tony vs Conor since everyone knows they are a joke.
There's a world of difference between what should and what will happen. About 1% chance the aforementioned situation eventuates.

Al has good cardio but it isn't on Tony's level. Not even close probably.
i mean.. in both of the 5 round fights iaquinta's been in (which btw, were both wrestlers), he didn't gas... so idk about 'not even close'. that's a little bit of an exaggeration dont you think? tony's only made it to the 5th round once. some of you guys act like he can run for 10 minutes without breathing lol.

anyways, my point was that i'm pretty certain al could hang with tony for 5 rounds w/o getting very tired.

Al is the perfect mix of discipline, toughness and skill to end Ferguson’s win streak

Back