Does Tyron Woodley move up if...

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
He beats Marty and his boy Askren beats Lawler.

No more possible GSP fight for Woodley (as if there ever was), and although GSP said he would like to fight Askren, thats nothing but a pipe dream as well.

So, does Tyron move out of the way for Askren to reign WW, after both being victorious?

He won't look like a midget Vs Bobby K,
so he should try it.

He doesn't draw and wants a money fight,
Not sure it will do huge ppv number,
but should be a little better.

He might want to just for a 'money' fight but I hope it doesn't happen. Tired of damn near every champion wanting to jump up or down in different divisions.

He might want to just for a 'money' fight but I hope it doesn't happen. Tired of damn near every champion wanting to jump up or down in different divisions.
If he doesn't, he will get shit for not doing in the future.....

Look at GSP Vs Silva, or Silva Vs Jones....

Problem is will Dana give him a title fight at Middleweight? Dana's probably going to need to be on suicide watch if Woodley becomes a two division champ. Can you imagine the meltdown when Woodley destroys Whittaker and/or Israel?

No more possible GSP fight for Woodley (as if there ever was), and although GSP said he would like to fight Askren, thats nothing but a pipe dream as well.

So, does Tyron move out of the way for Askren to reign WW, after both being victorious?

I don't know ... Tyron is very strong but he is also very short for MW.

I think he should stay at WW until he loses the belt. Then try MW if he wants or try for a champ vs champ match at MW ... and if he wins ... drop the WW title so that Askren can go for it.

what about ponzinibhio for woodley?

If he doesn't, he will get shit for not doing in the future.....

Look at GSP Vs Silva, or Silva Vs Jones....
Only after they had established their dominance for a few years. Woodley has only looked good in 1 fight since he's been champion. I don't see many clamoring for a Woodley/Whittaker fight. Khabib haters/Conor nuthuggers want him to fight Woodley but only to see him lose.

In a perfect world it’s goes like this for woodley
Usman
Colby
Middleweight champ
If he wins all three his legend grows

Only after they had established their dominance for a few years. Woodley has only looked good in 1 fight since he's been champion. I don't see many clamoring for a Woodley/Whittaker fight. Khabib haters/Conor nuthuggers want him to fight Woodley but only to see him lose.
that's true

yeah, I think it could be a likely scenario. I have a feeling woodley would leave the division out of spit for colby. plus I thin woodley matches up very well with most of the top 5 at MW

I think he is too short for MW and he has been making weight without issues so far. I don't see him moving up just as a favor to Askren

i dont think he has the cardio for middleweight. Gastelum took his best punches and lost a close dec. Middleweight will be higher pace since they will be able to take shots better and force woodley to fight. I could see woodley losing decs or just getting knocked out by KO artists.

Problem is will Dana give him a title fight at Middleweight? Dana's probably going to need to be on suicide watch if Woodley becomes a two division champ. Can you imagine the meltdown when Woodley destroys Whittaker and/or Israel?
Nigh on impossible to imagine Whittaker would crush him.

I predict he loses to Usman and either moves up or retires

i think marty beats him, and then idk what happens. talking about moving up it seems like he means that if he wins, but if he loses does he stick around or just let ben try to be the WW champ?

win or lose i dont see dana giving him a title shot right away at 185, he'll have to take a fight.

He'll move up to the commentary booth...

Back