Media Thiago Santos says a win over Jan Blachowicz "would put me in title contention"

I think he will be number 1 contender in all honesty.

Considering he embarrassed the man fighting Jones in a fortnight I think he’s right, I’m a big fan. His fight with Jimi manuwa was amazing aswell as his fight vs the guy making his debut(it was a skinny middleweight who’s name I can’t remember)
Jones VS Santos
Jones VS Rockhold
Jones VS Walker
Jones VS heavyweights

He understands that this is a business and EVERYONE loves watching him fight. Hes got a good little streak going and LHW is kind of shallow. Hes correct lol

Last edited:
The winner of this fight should be next for Jon Jones after he is done with Smith.

He beat Smith, he should be fighting Jones already. Smith kind of jumped over him by getting a lot of attention from his wins, I get it. But after Smith fights Jones, who is left in LHW?

Santos is 100% correct, he's next in line if he beats JB. Even if the JB fight gets called off for whatever reason, he's next in line.

He's not wrong as he would certainly be in the discussion, but hope that no one cues up the video of Dave Branch (of all people?) icing him barely ten months ago.

Last edited:
How do you justifying jumping Corey Andersen who beat Latifi and Glover which are better than any of Santos's wins barring Smith (if he beats Jones)?

Have you recently looked at the LHW rankings?

Probably by saying that Anderson is boring and brings nothing special, when Santos has at least big power.
Corey has power but that's not how he fights. He's a wrestler and a grinder who outworks and breaks his opponents.
the excitement criteria
That's the only factor in his favor.

Last time I checked I thought they were trying to make Gus vs Corey but I haven't heard anything about it for a couple weeks now. Hypothetically speaking if Corey does fight and beat Gus how do you deny him then?

Yeah!

Santos deserves a big pay. Guy fights all the time, does not talk trash and is 100% just bleed violence murder murder kill kill inside the cage.

How do you justifying jumping Corey Andersen who beat Latifi and Glover which are better than any of Santos's wins barring Smith (if he beats Jones)?

If Anderson beats Gus he'll jump Santos. He won't but he's going to get the oppurtunity.

Id like to see Santos " run through" Jan so this way we can actually see some light on the way of " possible " contenders in reyes, walker crimson and Santos.
If he should eek out a decision, he has more work to do At 205 for me to look at him as an evolved fighter to the point of title talk.
There are finally some monsters at 205 that could at least (If not give Jones legitimate fight) have some sweet match ups within themselves. If I see Corey Anderson fight again with a nice ranked # next to his name, I'm going to bottle down a jug of Nyquil - oh wait, wouldn't have 2- 1 round should do the job.

Such an entertaining fighter, would love to see his Jones deals with him.
If Smith wins he’ll probably have to face a guy like Gus or Rockhold for a TS since Smith will have to fight Jones again.
Assuming he beats Jan of course

@ferrisjso but why? Anderson is not draw in any way and has nothing for champion. Santos at least have his power.

Back