UFC Fight Night event official for Ottawa on May 4

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2019/2/20/18233251/ufc-ottawa-canada-official-may-4-espn-mma

SIR

Brunson vs. Theodorou is official for the event, but not expected to serve as event headliner as initially indicated a few weeks ago.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) makes its debut in the suburb of Kanata for UFC Fight Night 150, scheduled for Sat., May 4, 2019 inside Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Tickets go on sale Fri., March 8.

Here are is the current UFC Ottawa line up:

185 lbs.: Derek Brunson vs. Elias Theodorou
135 lbs.: Sarah Moras vs. Leah Letson
185 lbs.: Marc-Andre Barriault vs. Andrew Sanchez
265 lbs.: Arjan Singh Bhullar vs. Juan Adams
135 lbs.: Aiemann Zahabi vs. Vince Morales
135 lbs.: Mitch Gagnon vs. Brian Kelleher
135 lbs.: Brad Katona vs. Merab Dvalishvili

No main event has been announced at this time, but we’re still over two months away. Considering this will be streamed on ESPN+, don’t expect anything too sensational as the headlining act, but hopefully the promotion can drum up some names with a little hometown flavor.

Last edited:
Who better to headline a card in Canada than GSP?

Oh wait..

giphy.gif

Thankfully the UFC decided against the Brunson Elias headliner.

Elias pisses off so many people here.

War Teh Spartan.

He’s the champion in the hearts of women everywhere. And number 1 on your hate list. Deal with it.

elias-theodorou-invicta-fc-28.jpg

IMG_6225.JPG

I know we use to complain about everything and blah blah...

But this is a really weak card man.

Elias pisses off so many people here.

War Teh Spartan.

I like him. He's a funny guy on twitter, always interacting with fans.

He's just the most boring fighter on the roster.

I’m Canadian so I’ll be naturally cheering for Brunson..

I like him. He's a funny guy on twitter, always interacting with fans.

He's just the most boring fighter on the roster.

He’s awkward but he wins fights. Most boring... I don’t know about that. But he is not JBG friendly in the octagon for sure.

Imagine if someone from the main-event drops out due to injury and Ottawa seriously gets Brunson vs Theodorou as a main-event.

Gillian Robertson is fighting on the next card I think. Is Randa booked? Is OAM booked? They always put loads of Cdns on these cards.

There is serious work to do on this card. But it needs a cpl bigger fights for sure. I wouldn’t pay to go see a card that looked like that.

But it may improve.

He’s awkward but he wins fights. Most boring... I don’t know about that. But he is not JBG friendly in the octagon for sure.

True, but I'm having trouble thinking of a more boring fighter on the roster.

I've seen him live twice, vs Sam Alvey in Ottawa and Anders in Toronto.

Was like watching paint dry.

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/2/20/18233251/ufc-ottawa-canada-official-may-4-espn-mma

SIR

Brunson vs. Theodorou is official for the event, but not expected to serve as event headliner as initially indicated a few weeks ago.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) makes its debut in the suburb of Kanata for UFC Fight Night 150, scheduled for Sat., May 4, 2019 inside Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Tickets go on sale Fri., March 8.

Here are is the current UFC Ottawa line up:

185 lbs.: Derek Brunson vs. Elias Theodorou
135 lbs.: Sarah Moras vs. Leah Letson
185 lbs.: Marc-Andre Barriault vs. Andrew Sanchez
265 lbs.: Arjan Singh Bhullar vs. Juan Adams
135 lbs.: Aiemann Zahabi vs. Vince Morales
135 lbs.: Mitch Gagnon vs. Brian Kelleher
135 lbs.: Brad Katona vs. Merab Dvalishvili

No main event has been announced at this time, but we’re still over two months away. Considering this will be streamed on ESPN+, don’t expect anything too sensational as the headlining act, but hopefully the promotion can drum up some names with a little hometown flavor.
Bhullar vs Adams is a good fight between two good HW prospects. It's honestly the fight I'm most interested in out of the above.

Bhullar is the more accomplished wrestler, but Juan has the size and strength advantage for sure. He's 6'5 285 in the cage and mostly muscle! Bhullar has some decent striking, but Juan probably packs more power and might have a better chin. That said, Juan seemed slow as fuck in his debut, mostly due to his size. I wouldn't be surprised if Juan beat a wrestler like Bhullar but then got KOed by a Tai Tuivasa.

Back