What is going on with Cain Discussion

Nueman43

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think that Sherdog Forums run on Hyperbole and Trolling. But I don't think that is necessarily what is going on right now.

First is the pain of shattered expectations, people genuinely thought that one of the great HW was going to come back and go on a tear. That hype has been derailed. Not that Cain is hype.

Second, I think that it can be very difficult to admit that what you first thought may be wrong. At full speed the sequence makes no sense. The slowmotion replay shows Cain's head shift up and to his right very rapidly, next his knees both start bending and his upper body moves backwards. Halfway down he starts screaming because of the knee. This is a classic flash KO, with an injury. I don't think there is evidence that Cain went completely unconscious, he just momentarily lost control of his body.

Bad gameplan… got caught and his knee buckled... Just wish him a speedy recovery.

what happened is no matter how skilled cain is you cannot fight if your ligaments and tendons are made out of cotton candy.

what happened is no matter how skilled cain is you cannot fight if your ligaments and tendons are made out of cotton candy.

Especially when you get lifted off the ground by an uppercut and dropped

I think that Sherdog Forums run on Hyperbole and Trolling. But I don't think that is necessarily what is going on right now.

First is the pain of shattered expectations, people genuinely thought that one of the great HW was going to come back and go on a tear. That hype has been derailed. Not that Cain is hype.

Second, I think that it can be very difficult to admit that what you first thought may be wrong. At full speed the sequence makes no sense. The slowmotion replay shows Cain's head shift up and to his right very rapidly, next his knees both start bending and his upper body moves backwards. Halfway down he starts screaming because of the knee. This is a classic flash KO, with an injury. I don't think there is evidence that Cain went completely unconscious, he just momentarily lost control of his body.
That’s what I see too. Ngannou nailed him on the chin from the inside (hard to see from the back) and he got rocked and then his knee gave out.

Naw..he was fine from that shot..it wasnt till he went to load his knees and drive a takedown that they went limp...

What your saying would mean ngannou was able to generate an insane amount of force and from his position of being agaisnt the cage and unable to twist or follow thru is just highly unlikely..also the way he fell isnt consistent with the strike thrown..he would fell off ngannou to the right away from the direction of the montrous force that supposedly hit him..not down and then back..

People are being blinded and hyped by muscles and think...well big jacked guy threw a punch and landed so it must had tremendous force cuz hes jacked so boom k.o..

When it reality , cain was fine .. Yes there was a strike in there but what i believe happened was cain , was too wide in his base trying to work the takedown and when he loaded his knees for the takedown he slipped out on his widest leg ( farthest from the camera) and that left his weight and ngannous weight on tge other knee whiched popped..as he fell..

The way hes body dropped then spring backwards is consistent wirh a fall and tear..then being punched by a hooking strike

Cain should not accept the fight with a beast like ngannou for is return, was too much disappointing, 20 seconds jesus..

Naw..he was fine from that shot..it wasnt till he went to load his knees and drive a takedown that they went limp...

What your saying would mean ngannou was able to generate an insane amount of force and from his position of being agaisnt the cage and unable to twist or follow thru is just highly unlikely..also the way he fell isnt consistent with the strike thrown..he would fell off ngannou to the right away from the direction of the montrous force that supposedly hit him..not down and then back..

People are being blinded and hyped by muscles and think...well big jacked guy threw a punch and landed so it must had tremendous force cuz hes jacked so boom k.o..

When it reality , cain was fine .. Yes there was a strike in there but what i believe happened was cain , was too wide in his base trying to work the takedown and when he loaded his knees for the takedown he slipped out on his widest leg ( farthest from the camera) and that left his weight and ngannous weight on tge other knee whiched popped..as he fell..

The way hes body dropped then spring backwards is consistent wirh a fall and tear..then being punched by a hooking strike
Eh, I don't think it was a hard punch per se. Like when Petruzelli dropped Kimbo, short hook that he didn's see coming. It did move his head up and to Cain's right.
I also think that Cain's recovery probably caused him an injury this time.

Ngannou would have finished him even if the knee didn’t buckle. That uppercut rocked him hard and he was getting bombed on when the ref stopped it

Could he he still legit has his skills but Francis is just fucking strong. Think about what it took for Cain to smash JDS for 9 rounds. Francis is a bigger dude and Cain is older now.

Sherdog gonna sherdog that's whats happening.

Some are disappointed like me, he deserved better after 3 years even if still a loss better then freaking seconds and a jerky finish like that.

Some are full on pent up hate cause they don't agree with other posters rankings or small shit like that.

Some are full on trolls and jokes about injures, knees etc.

For my self I never disputed the loss, I saw the hits live, a few hits connected in the fight and the most important that shovel uppercut (like the Hunt vs Nelson finish) I'm not sure if it was a flash KO it very well could have been.. what is strange to me is seeing him like half a second latter with his mouth open grimacing in pain that's now how KO's work, he was feeling pain at that moment.. the man said he felt the knee pop (I know he goofed in the presser and said "nothing landed" and some are having a field day with that) but I feel he meant in the way nothing landed to put him out that it was the knee.

Either way it was all very fast, ugly, jerky, loss of course stands.. I'm very disappointed that after 3 years I get 20 seconds of that shit.. congrats Francis I'm sure he would have liked it to go a little longer and have a nicer cleaner finish too.

Sherdog gonna sherdog that's whats happening.

Some are disappointed like me, he deserved better after 3 years even if still a loss better then freaking seconds and a jerky finish like that.

Some are full on pent up hate cause they don't agree with other posters rankings or small shit like that.

Some are full on trolls and jokes about injures, knees etc.

For my self I never disputed the loss, I saw the hits live, a few hits connected in the fight and the most important that shovel uppercut (like the Hunt vs Nelson finish) I'm not sure if it was a flash KO it very well could have been.. what is strange to me is seeing him like half a second letter with his mouth open grimacing in pain that's now how KO's work, he was feeling pain at that moment.. the man said he felt the knee pop (I know he goofed in the presser and said "nothing landed" and some are having a field day with that) but I feel he meant in the way nothing landed to put him out that it was the knee.

Either way it was all very fast, ugly, jerky, loss of course stands.. I'm very disappointed that after 3 years I get 20 seconds of that shit.. congrats Francis I'm sure he would have liked it to go a little longer and have a nicer cleaner finish too.
Agreed. Everyones going on about the hit (not that it matters) and the way I saw it, he was talking what appeared to be normal to the ref about his knee straight after. Usually when Francis hits someone they dont fucking talk immediately lol. They're usually looking back to Earth watching it disappear.

Cain fans and MMA fans that wanted to see him win are upset because it was so anti-climactic. They also are in denail that any significant punch landed and that Cain just "slipped".

Francis landed an uppercut and basically shut off Cain's motor functions and caused that knee injury. Cain fans don't want to give Francis any credit, which is fine, but we have video evidence that proves what actually happened so they can deny all they want won't change the facts.

Agreed. Everyones going on about the hit (not that it matters) and the way I saw it, he was talking what appeared to be normal to the ref about his knee straight after. Usually when Francis hits someone they dont fucking talk immediately lol. They're usually looking back to Earth watching it disappear.

Yep.. but the loss is there even if it was a flash KO, or bad knee or a combination the point is he was under Francis in a compromise position with a knee failing and maybe rocked what would have fallowed would have been a series of blows that would have got the job done surely even in my best scenarios even there if he managed to survive somehow he would have probably been compromised so it's all Francis I'm a-ok with his W it just felt anticlimactic as heck maybe the view is way better from the Francis fans side of things.

Yep.. but the loss is there even if it was a flash KO, or bad knee or a combination the point is he was under Francis in a compromise position with a knee failing and maybe rocked what would have fallowed would have been a series of blows that would have got the job done surely even in my best scenarios even there if he managed to survived he would have probably been compromised so it's all Francis I'm a-ok with his W it just felt anticlimactic as heck maybe the view is way better from the Francis fans side of things.
Yeah mate I made a thread about this years anti-climaxes yesterday. Honestly Cain looked worse than he ever did physically, his kicks were light sparring level and Francis looked great, had fast reflexes and reactions. Plus he was throwing bombs. Not upset about the loss, more upset the way it happened. Fucking 3 year wait for that lol.

The reason for the over reaction is Cain’s bullshitting before the fight and excuse making afterwards

Yeah mate I made a thread about this years anti-climaxes yesterday. Honestly Cain looked worse than he ever did physically, his kicks were light sparring level and Francis looked great, had fast reflexes and reactions. Plus he was throwing bombs. Not upset about the loss, more upset the way it happened. Fucking 3 year wait for that lol.

It was so short and yea it didn't look good, like someone that didn't do it in a long ass time.

Rushed in everything, kicks all over the place, gameplan was probably to be either all the way out or all the way in, rush him and clinch him up.. keep him busy and work it from there, his usual bobbing and weaving and he went down just in place for that shovel uppercut lol.

As a Cain fight I got nothing out of those seconds, someone that was overcompensating, overextending and was looking rusty as hell maybe the nerves and adrenaline who knows scary opponent and long time not doing it, they all count.

I hope he is alright and he can try it again this summer on a DC card or something vs a lesser opponent so he can take it more slow and not be at 100 from the get go, I just wanna see him fight cause I'm a fan.

It was so short and yea it didn't look good, like someone that didn't do it in a long ass time.

Rushed in everything, kicks all over the place, gameplan was probably to be either all the way out or all the way in, rush him and clinch him up.. keep him busy and work it from there, his usual bobbing and weaving and he went down just in place for that shovel uppercut lol.

As a Cain fight I got nothing out of those seconds, someone that was overcompensating, overextending and was looking rusty as hell maybe the nerves and adrenaline who knows scary opponent and long time no do it, they all count.

I hope he is alright and he can try it again this summer on a DC card or something vs a lesser opponent so he can take it more slow and not be at 100 from the get go, I just wanna see him fight cause I'm a fan.
Yeah imo he should retire. Dudes got so many miles on him and at his age unless he starts seeing Jones's dealer he will be out until his 38. Hopefully he doesn't go the BJ or Silva route of trying to stay relevant and racking up a series of losses on his way out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back