Did Cain get hurt with the uppercut?

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Looked like that uppercut lifted him in air off his feet and that he fell back in a weird way like Mirko against Gonzaga. The punch lands and he falls down, plus Ngannou is also pushing him off as he is falling down. You can see both of his legs stretching awkwardly as he is going down.

Last edited:
Yes I think it was a clear flash knockdown, and he fucked his knee when he fell.

Yeah he lost his legs there, clear as day in slow mo. His head snaps right, loses his legs and his knee takes the fall.

Looks like Ngannou clearly hit him and caused his head to jerk and Cain to buckle after the punch. It's right at 6 seconds.

Nah dude Francis didn't even touch him!! It was all Cain's knee. Francis did nothing at all! Cain still HW Goat!!

<{Heymansnicker}>

Francis clipped him and caused Cain's legs to go limp

He was clearly hit.

However, it's not like it was some out-of-this-world punch. Cain took much worse punches from Kongo and managed to get back. It was his fragile body that sealed the deal.

Short hook uppercut on the inside rocked Cain and buckled his knees,. Plain and simple. He wasnt flat out KO'd by the uppercut but he was TKO'd, which is why you saw him grappling the Ref's legs.

He did recover almost seconds after grappling the ref's legs tho.

He lost a legit fight there and was man enough to admit it.
Just his crazed rabid fans in demential denial.

Yeah the knee as an excuse is poor. You go down hard when you get knocked silly. Knee buckled awkwardly because dude got dropped.

He was clearly hit.

However, it's not like it was some out-of-this-world punch. Cain took much worse punches from Kongo and managed to get back. It was his fragile body that sealed the deal.

It was out of this world actually because it was a Francis punch

The dude could KO a Rhino

He was dropped from the punch, as he fell his knee gave out.

Yes
It was a sneaky uppercut from Francis.
Look at Cain's face as it ripples from the impact.

He very clearly got hit dead on the button, his head snapped to the side and he went down. Knee had nothing to do with it. That happened during the fall. He said afterward he shouldn't have been in that range and brushed off the knee talk.

I dont even know how this an argument. He got dropped. His legs gave out so it fucked his knee up on the way down. His knee didnt fall off before the punch like so many people are claiming.

It was out of this world actually because it was a Francis punch

The dude could KO a Rhino
Exactly...

Why do people doubt Ngannou's power.
I agree the ford truck was B.S but the guy is the hardest hitter in the sport period.

MAYBE ever in the sports history. FACTS!!!

Yeah the knee as an excuse is poor. You go down hard when you get knocked silly. Knee buckled awkwardly because dude got dropped.
I sort of agree.
He hurt his knee in the fall. The fall was a result of a punch

Who knows if he could have recovered from the punch. The hurt knee may have just expedited the inevitable

It was Ngannou's version of the Bruce Lee 1-inch punch, that dude has the touch of death in those hands, imagine if he was actually able to wind-up more on that uppercut? Cain would have been RIP.

I mean I try to be sympathetic on the knee. It could of been a problem that just never healed and he should of never competed if it was that bad. I just don't see him limping in serious pain from it though. Either Cain is a tough SOB trying to make it seem like it wasn't there or people are making it out to be a more serious injury than what it was.

Back