Poirier's wins vs. champs with the same opponents

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
People have been saying Dustin is being a diva for not taking a non title fight but lets look at it

Alvarez got a title shot after beating Pettis.
McGregor got a title shot against Alvarez without a single LW fight or FW defense

Poirier destroyed Alvarez and Pettis AND Gaetje in back to back to back fights.

Dustin is right to demand a title shot, especially with this Khabib nonsense

I agree. and when he wins the belt obviously Conor should get a shot since he already stopped him.

He's behind Tony for sure

If ur talking interim title and it's him vs Tony I'm fine with that. But it should be Tony vs khabib if khabib is defending

I don't see it. He's good and tough but was hopelessly outclassed by Conor. If Tony doesn't get his shot because of Khabib's situation, I want to see Tony vs Al.

Poirer did not destroy Alvarez
Alvarez was beating him up before his stupid mistake.
Mcgregor out right embarrassed Eddie
Mcgregor also knocked him out
Ferguson vs Poirer for the undisputed with Khabib getting stripped makes sense.
Lol at him asking for a money fight

Poirer didn’t destroy Gaethje at all, it was a competitive war
Stop trying to rewrite history to fit your narrative

Poirer did not destroy Alvarez
Alvarez was beating him up before his stupid mistake.
Mcgregor out right embarrassed Eddie
Mcgregor also knocked him out
Ferguson vs Poirer for the undisputed with Khabib getting stripped makes sense.
Lol at him asking for a money fight

Dude. Poirier and Alvarez rematched and Dustin TKO'd him.

<{cruzshake}>

People have been saying Dustin is being a diva for not taking a non title fight but lets look at it

McGregor got a title shot against Alvarez without a single LW fight or FW defense

If Khabib is sitting out Tony vs Dustin needs to happen for an ok ntwrim belt

The problem is LWs too bottlenecked ATM with all this Conor/Khabib bullshit. The last two champs will have held up the most stacked division for 3 years by the end of this year.

Lol. You weren't talking about their 2nd fight in your post because you mention Conor knocking Eddie out but so did Poirier.
I mentioned Conor dominating Alvarez
I was talking about the second fight, you know when Alvarez through the illegal elbow

What about his losses though

What about them? He has 3 top 10 wins in a row.
I don't see it. He's good and tough but was hopelessly outclassed by Conor. If Tony doesn't get his shot because of Khabib's situation, I want to see Tony vs Al.

I mean Conor was beaten by two journeymen outside the UFC...

So I'm wondering at what point you admit fighters can adapt and records matter

The problem is LWs too bottlenecked ATM with all this Conor/Khabib bullshit. The last two champs will have held up the most stacked division for 3 years by the end of this year.

Conor shouldn't even factor in. He never earned a title shot and was thoroughly outclassed in his first fight in the division

What about them? He has 3 top 10 wins in a row.

I mean Conor was beaten by two journeymen outside the UFC...

So I'm wondering at what point you admit fighters can adapt and records matter
Dude that is just fucking stupid. Poirier wasn't some greenie when Conor whipped him. He had 19 fights under his belt, 10 of them in the Octagon. He's just not that good. More of a gatekeeper than champion caliber.

Pettis was still somebody when Alvarez beat him. He had just lost his title. Alvarez also just beat Gilbert, who had just fought for a title too.

That said, Poirier does deserve a shot but you can’t make these comparisons because it’s not even the same.

Back