What happened to the submission grappling tourney where Barnett & Werdum were going to compete?

50286133_815699408777872_8511578007515693056_n.jpg

Barnett is royally screwed. What is he doing? Competing in a jiu-jitsu tournament? He has been adamant that he's never trained bjj a day in his life...

Werdum x Gordon will be great. Big fan of Werdum, but Gordon will win it easily. Even prime Werdum would lose to Gordon I guess.

Does Metamoris still run events?

Barnett is royally screwed. What is he doing? Competing in a jiu-jitsu tournament? He has been adamant that he's never trained bjj a day in his life...

It s combat jiu jitsu
Basically no gi (heel hooks and knee reaping allowed) but palm strikes are also allowed on the ground

It s combat jiu jitsu
Basically no gi (heel hooks and knee reaping allowed) but palm strikes are also allowed on the ground

LOL I know. I was joking because the poster says "jiu-jitsu" multiple times but Barnett is a catch wrestler.

LOL I know. I was joking because the poster says "jiu-jitsu" multiple times but Barnett is a catch wrestler.

It’s combat “BJJ”. It’s just a no-gi submission match with open palm strikes. Barnett should actually do better here than he did vs Gordon at Quintet. He’s a fantastic grappler in his own right and with the added palm strikes, I feel as an MMA fighter, he should be able to hold his own.

Pretty sure Fabricio should be the favorite if it involves strikes, really hard to beat Gordon right now in a grappling contest though.

Haven't you heard? Werdum took the Arona way. Now lives on the beach banging 10's and saving drowning teenagers.

It’s combat “BJJ”. It’s just a no-gi submission match with open palm strikes. Barnett should actually do better here than he did vs Gordon at Quintet. He’s a fantastic grappler in his own right and with the added palm strikes, I feel as an MMA fighter, he should be able to hold his own.

Pretty sure Fabricio should be the favorite if it involves strikes, really hard to beat Gordon right now in a grappling contest though.

Agree. Gordon also at a size disadvantage (though without the strikes likely wouldn't matter at all).

As with many of these big name grappling matches I won't hold my breath of it coming together until they are both on the mat. Seems like all to often these match ups just fall apart at the last minute.

Back