What If Conor Beat GSP?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This isn't me asking who you think would win, bur rather me asking you to consider a hypothetical - What if Conor and GSP DID fight, and Conor won? Ya'll seem to think pretty much anyone with the tiniest bit of ground game in their arsenal would run roughshod over him, so how would it impact people's perception of McGregor to see him beat arguably the best wrestler that MMA has ever seen?

I've brought this up before, but one scenario that I would really love is if GSP dominated and finished Khabib, then lost the Lightweight Title to McGregor later in the year.

<{Joewithit}> Drink until I black out and forget this dark moment in MMA

This isn't me asking who you think would win, bur rather me asking you to consider a hypothetical - What if Conor and GSP DID fight, and Conor won? Ya'll seem to think pretty much anyone with the tiniest bit of ground game in their arsenal would run roughshod over him, so how would it impact people's perception of McGregor to see him beat arguably the best wrestler that MMA has ever seen?

I've brought this up before, but one scenario that I would really love is if GSP dominated and finished Khabib, then lost the Lightweight Title to McGregor later in the year.
Sorry dude, that's to far fetchec for my mind to be able to even hypothetically consider so I got nothing.

I apologies for failing you like this!

I cannot even pretend that would happen.

3QGU.gif

What if fish flew and birds swam? Think about it!

That is not a scenario, it is a masturbation fantasy.

That's like asking what if OP got a gf? What if op actually trained? What if op married conor?

GSP is not fighting for the 155 title
Also GSP would suddenly become a bum And a Manlet on sherdog
Mcgregor would surpass Aldo on my GOAT list

Dear diary,
Today I imagined that Conor beat GSP after GSP beat Khabib. It made me so happy.

what if hulk hogan beat the ultimate warrior at wrestlemania 6?

Easy win for GSP not even a competitive fight.

GSP would have Conor wishing he had khabib ontop of him instead.

Conor beats a GSP thats not in his prime and had 2 acl surgeries while on long lay offs. Any wins GSP has had since condit has been remarkable. Not many people come back with those kinds of injury while performing at his level, let alone 2 acls.

Conor beats a GSP thats not in his prime and had 2 acl surgeries while on long lay offs. Any wins GSP has had since condit has been remarkable. Not many people come back with those kinds of injury while performing at his level, let alone 2 acls.

And there's the excuses...

If such a thing were to ever happen it would obviously be the result of a lucky freak occurrence. A fluke win is not especially impressive nor would it mean much when examining either's career.

Really depends on the circumstances. If Conor managed to catch him early and land a clean shot in the first couple of exchanges it wouldn't really change a whole lot in my mind; as I'd imagine GSP would have no chin after a rough cut to 155 (ala TJ at 125). However if Conor dominated GSP, shutting down his wrestling and destroying him in the stand-up, you'd be hard pressed not to move Conor up in rankings.

Literally unfathomable. GSP is Conor's kryptonite same way Khabib is. Both have the ability to take Conor down at will and keep him down, winning either a decision or a GnP/sub finish. If Conor had the skillset to beat GSP, that same skillset would most likely allow him to beat Khabib as well, as it would require very high level TDD to beat both. If Conor beat both Khabib and GSP at 155, he would be a contender for the undisputed LW goat mantle, but that's never going to happen.

Hows that an excuse? I stated facts about the surgery and anyone would agree gsp is past his prime. You must be a mcgregor nuthugger.

Because it doesn't change the fact that GSP is still one of the hardest fighters to beat in the sport, period. That's how good he is. Add in that he's an absolute nightmare stylistically by being the best at what Conor is worst at, and McGregor's victory would be an extremely impressive one regardless of the circumstances.

Just seems every time Conor picks up a big win, there's always an excuse in place that haters will cling to to diminish his victory. That is all.

Back