Hardy will not grow as fighter due to his lack of humility

DeeDubb

Gracie Online Black Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Overall, his post-fight press conference went as expected. Him trying to be humble, apologize to his opponent, take responsibility, etc. However, there were a couple of times where he snuck in his true feelings about how he compares to other fighters and people in general. Here's a few quotes:

1:03
Reporter: What kind of learning lessons do you take away from this? How do you digest it?
Hardy: You don't. It's terrible. I'm not one of the regular guys. I was built to do this, I was made to do this.

2:10
Hardy: All I can think of is how I let these people down man. It may not mean much to you regular people. It means a lot to me.

7:07
Hardy: I am not like you. I'm not like anybody else.

He was well on his way to losing against Crowder. He didn't conserve his energy well, and he was running out of gas, and Crowder is not anywhere near the level of competition that he will face if he progresses. Yet, he talks like he is a superhuman, on a different level than everyone else. Clearly, he is not. His athleticism is impressive, but nomoreso than guys like Ngannou, Blaydes, Alistair, etc. He might win a couple of fights with overwhelming KOs, but he will lose against anyone in the top 10. I hope he's ready for a rude awakening in the future.

Overall, his post-fight press conference went as expected. Him trying to be humble, apologize to his opponent, take responsibility, etc. However, there were a couple of times where he snuck in his true feelings about how he compares to other fighters and people in general. Here's a few quotes:

1:03
Reporter: What kind of learning lessons do you take away from this? How do you digest it?
Hardy: You don't. It's terrible. I'm not one of the regular guys. I was built to do this, I was made to do this.

2:10
Hardy: All I can think of is how I let these people down man. It may not mean much to you regular people. It means a lot to me.

7:07
Hardy: I am not like you. I'm not like anybody else.

He was well on his way to losing against Crowder. He didn't conserve his energy well, and he was running out of gas, and Crowder is not anywhere near the level of competition that he will face if he progresses. Yet, he talks like he is a superhuman, on a different level than everyone else. Clearly, he is not. His athleticism is impressive, but nomoreso than guys like Ngannou, Blaydes, Alistair, etc. He might win a couple of fights with overwhelming KOs, but he will lose against anyone in the top 10. I hope he's ready for a rude awakening in the future.

Agreed.

I dont really think anything he said in your post was that bad. He does kind of remind me of jones in a way though. Just seems like isnt very genuine in what he is saying.

He’s a competitive athlete competing in a sport where the name of the game is smashing peoples faces in (illegal knee in his case). This isn’t badminton. If his mindset wasn’t thinking he’s above others and he’s on “another level” he’s in the wrong sport.

Wow you're really stretching here. If anything he seemed too humble, like he was faking everything. Which he probably was tbh.

Put him in the ring to spar with any top 25 boxing HW, and he gets fucked up. He's been training for some time now, and still can't throw a crisp punch, even one at a time.

He’s a competitive athlete competing in a sport where the name of the game is smashing peoples faces in (illegal knee in his case). This isn’t badminton. If his mindset wasn’t thinking he’s above others and he’s on “another level” he’s in the wrong sport.

It's martial arts. You earn the right to be cocky by proving it. He hasn't proven anything to anyone other than himself. He doesn't have the skills to backup his belief in himself.

Wow you're really stretching here. If anything he seemed too humble, like he was faking everything. Which he probably was tbh.

That's what I said. He was coming off as too humble. I was just mentioning a few sneaky hints at his true feelings.

It's martial arts. You earn the right to be cocky by proving it. He hasn't proven anything to anyone other than himself. He doesn't have the skills to backup his belief in himself.

That's what I said. He was coming off as too humble. I was just mentioning a few sneaky hints at his true feelings.
No this is prize fighting. Getting paid is the name of the game. This isn’t fighting for honour in a dojo.

that's because he's perpetuating the A level athlete thing.

it's not just a sherdog thing like people try to pretend it is, it's actually an American thing.

sherdoggers didn't make up the A level athlete thing, America did. that's why they televise the NFL combine and shit. it's like showing off how many freaks we have compared to the rest of the world.

Hardy is a worse version of Schaub.

Like all heavyweights he will have his ko wins and they will look sensational but he will lose a lot as well and not only against the top 10 guys.

People keeping counting him out.

Sure, he's looking like a journeyman....but he hasn't really been given a chance to make that leap yet.

He doesn't come across well.

Doesn't carry himself with much humility for a dude that has that kind of shit in his past.

I dont really think anything he said in your post was that bad. He does kind of remind me of jones in a way though. Just seems like isnt very genuine in what he is saying.

The difference is Jones is a fighting savant. Hardy years deep and still incredibly raw

MV5BY2U2MDEyNjUtNzkyNS00YmQ2LWE0OWItYmQyZGIyZTk1MDJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,646,1000_AL_.jpg

He doesn't come across well.

Doesn't carry himself with much humility for a dude that has that kind of shit in his past.

he was let back in the NFL after his abuse stuff and i dont remember the timeline but played an entire season for the Cowboys. they didnt resign him and he was too much of a head case for any NFL team to sign. this was during his physical prime. he did not voluntarily leave football and it was not fully because of his off the field issues.

Back