Is it true there's major beef between Ariel Helwani and Luke Thomas?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
I was surprised when I read that. These 2 are so different that I don't see them as competitors. Luke is an analyst while Ariel is a master of interviews and breaking news. Anyway, I heard they don't get along at all, is there any truth to that?

Lets not use the term beef when it comes to these two names. I'm sure shit could get more real in a nursing home beef.

Luke is a former marine who actually trains and is way smarter than Helwani. Fuck Ariel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ones a Jedi and the other is a mermaid. We know who wins this fight

They definitely listen to each other's show, both have been absolutely spamming the phrase "in the end" out of nowhere recently. Not sure which started it, but it seeped into the other's psyche.

No idea, I know Luke wasn't very happy when Helwani sabotaged his interview with Joanna, time shot clash caused by Ariel phoning her early for his show. Thomas was getting pretty hot under the collar waiting for her to finish with Ariel, in the end he never got the interview.

I was surprised when I read that. These 2 are so different that I don't see them as competitors. Luke is an analyst while Ariel is a master of interviews and breaking news. Anyway, I heard they don't get along at all, is there any truth to that?
Hrmm I wonder why they might not get along??

- Luke is LITERALLY sitting in Ariel's seat.
- He kept the same show name that Ariel built.
- He kept the same goofy bobblehead and clutter which was individual to Ariel (and frankly fucking stupid. Ariel looks like a child on ESPN sitting at a tiny round table near a TV with the 5 bobbleheads he managed to smuggle out of his old studio).

Keep in mind that Luke is unqualified to be an MMA analyst and has shown some baffling choices that contradict Ariel's famous "no questions held back " style :
- Luke constantly adopts the UFC Narrative
- Luke keeps fan-boy level devotion to people who have said on camera to his face that they hate him. See Jones, Jon.

Luke is ex-military .
That's about the end of his appeal.

Say whatever you want about him and disagree with me if you want - it's UNDENIABLE he is a swag jacker.

Luke steals the appeal of other people to make himself appealing.

Why would Ariel, or anyone, like a man with shady values such as Luke?

No idea, I know Luke wasn't very happy when Helwani sabotaged his interview with Joanna, time shot clash caused by Ariel phoning her early for his show. Thomas was getting pretty hot under the collar waiting for her to finish with Ariel, in the end he never got the interview.

Damnnn, you got a link to any of that?

Team Ariel for life, pink goof and Cuck Thomas can get fucked

Damnnn, you got a link to any of that?
it was this episode from 18th September because Luke tweeted he would have Joanna as a guest on the 17th... (Check comments on YouTube video below).

timestamped meltdown when he realises he been stood up:

full episode

Last edited:

- He kept the same goofy bobblehead and clutter which was individual to Ariel (and frankly fucking stupid. Ariel looks like a child on ESPN sitting at a tiny round table near a TV with the 5 bobbleheads he managed to smuggle out of his old studio).

Keep in mind that Luke is unqualified to be an MMA analyst and has shown some baffling choices that contradict Ariel's famous "no questions held back " style :
- Luke keeps fan-boy level devotion to people who have said on camera to his face that they hate him. See Jones, Jon.

Luke is ex-military .

Say whatever you want about him and disagree with me if you want - it's UNDENIABLE he is a swag jacker.

I definitely agree that Luke is sitting in Ariel's seat but I don't think that was Luke's choice, it was his boss'. Luke would've made it with or without Ariel.

I mean, Luke physically kicks the shit out of Ariel, but Ariel out-journalists luke 6 days of the week.

I mean, Luke physically kicks the shit out of Ariel, but Ariel out-journalists luke 6 days of the week.
Neither is a journalist and Luke has said he isn't one multiple times.

Luke is ex-military .

giphy.gif

Luke is a former marine who actually trains and is 100x smarter than Helwani. Fuck Ariel.

uh he's also a complete fucking soy boy that no single man or woman on this earth finds intimidating or imposing in any way so yeah, marine's physical reqs sure have dwindled over the years eh

Did you know those fuck sticks turned me down b/c of some bullshit eye condition in 2012? They're not nearly as fucking tough as they claim to be, dude, remember they spawned from the fucking NAVY of all sources. just fucking think about that

my grandpa was a marine, too, just goes to show how much salt a person can develop when you tell them no bc of some made-up eye bullshit

Back