Stop comparing the Garbrandt and Cejudo fight

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
You cant really say tj's chin was "better" in the Cody fight.

The first Garbrandt fight where Tj got dropped violently... Was at the verrrrrry end of the round. He was saved by the bell. Then came out and whooped Cody.

The Cejudo fight he got dropped in the beginnig of the round. If Cody dropped TJ like he did in their fight but in the very beginning of the round he would have probably stopped him also.

TJ is going on and on about the early stoppage, however he beat Cody in their 2nd fight without actually dropping him for a final time. Fight was waived off while Cody was standing and Cody came forward right as TJ was pulled away. Cody even protested right as it ended.

Good stoppage as TJ was landing shot after shot but not surprising that TJ accepted that victory without any problems.

This has been an issue for years. Ask Tiki, he was fighting back.

giphy.gif

But that excuse only works if you're a salty snake.

I’ve been saying this as well how can TJ bitch when he had 2 fights with Cody where Cody immediately got up after the fight was waved off. Both of them were concussed so they dont remember how the fight played out.

Cody took over 30 unanswered shots one of them a nasty knee. Cody was literally a zombie
TJ took 16(?) unanswered shots wasn’t looking like a slow motion zombie and was attempting to better his position. That being said I’m ok with both stoppages.

MMATH is just silly. Literally no fight has anything to do with any other fight. That’s my opinion.

Clearly TJ isn't the kind of guy who would be happy winning like that.

yeah, no surprise he's a hypocrit when he's on the receiving end of this. The guy is selfish and tries to twist everything in his favor, not a good look.

Cody took over 30 unanswered shots one of them a nasty knee. Cody was literally a zombie
TJ took 16(?) unanswered shots wasn’t looking like a slow motion zombie and was attempting to better in a better position. That being said I’m ok with both stoppages.
Yet, Cody was standing, awake, was able to stand on his own, immediately protested the stoppage. The problem is not the stoppage but that TJ had no problem with it when he is on the other side.

one was a fire fight , and the other looked like a mismatch

Or, Cody’s hair could have came out of place, thereby rendering his onslaught ineffective because his image comes first.

Totally feasible.

Yet, Cody was standing, awake, was able to stand on his own, immediately protested the stoppage. The problem is not the stoppage but that TJ had no problem with it when he is on the other side.
Yeah TJ’’s s sore loser for sure. I was more elaborating to the fact imo it seemed like Cody was more messed up is all

tj was a sore loser, but i objectively dont like the stoppage. cody stoppage was a bit more fair, but i'd have to rewatch to give a competent opinion of it

TJ took 16(?) unanswered shots wasn’t looking like a slow motion zombie and was attempting to better his position. That being said I’m ok with both stoppages.
Disagree with TJ "trying to better" his position. Dude was basically out trying to grab Cejudo's foot in desperation. Cejudo was already up and celebrating by the time TJ was trying to grab his leg. The only thing that woukld have happened in TJ being out cold.

Back