Ego Trip: Israel Adesanya Confident He Will Be Bigger Star than Conor McGregor

Will he become a bigger star than Conor?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Israel Adesanya is coming for the throne. The ultra-charismatic UFC middleweight contender plans on being the biggest box-office draw in mixed martial arts history.

“I’ll be bigger than Conor [McGregor],” he boasted in a video published by Engage Media Group, per NZ Herald. Whatsmore, he does not even see it as a challenge. “I’m coming for those numbers. I don’t even have to chase them; they’ll chase me.”

It is not hard to see what Adesanya sees in himself. He has the natural showmanship to rival McGregor, a fan-friendly striking arsenal, and enough anime and video game references to give Demetrious Johnson a run for his money.

“I’m player one in this. If you guys could see me from my point of view, from my first-person shooter, from where I’ve come from and looking at everything now, it’s just like I planned every single thing and all the variables along the way I’ve adjusted to and adapted to easily,” he proclaimed.

“You guys think it’s cool to watch from your point of view, but from my point of view, it’s cool for me to watch my own rise and I can’t wait ‘til I take all those numbers.”

The undefeated Adesanya, 29, meets UFC middleweight legend Anderson Silva, 43, in what is reportedly a number one contender’s bout. Adesanya-Silva will serve as the co-main event for UFC 234: Whittaker vs. Gastelum on February 9th.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/1/...-bigger-than-conor-mcgregor-ufc-news-mma-news

Last edited:
Paulo Costa will finish Israel in 2019

Impossible. Being a primped white guy with an easily definable ethnonational identity is the pinnacle of marketing to the idiot masses in the fight game. If anyone is going to surpass McGregor they're going to need something way more identifiable than a dude with a name nobody can spell, because people are dumb.

(maybe something like a dick tattoo, buzzcut, and WWE background?)

Last edited:
Paulo Costa will finish Israel in 2019

Paulo Costa could barely finish Uriah Hall after poking him in the eyes once and 2 dick punches. Costa is like Romero just not talented. If the UFC fed Costa to Romero like they planned, two things would happen, Costa would be in a fucking casket and Yoel wouldn't make weight.

<36>

Reminds me of when Yair said he was going to be a bigger star than Canelo

giphy.gif

He won't be a bigger star, but he DOES have potential to be a star.

No one will ever be bigger star than Conor.

Before him I can only think about Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali and John L. Sullivan.

Adesanya has GSP/Jones star potential -- at best.

Cue Vince McMahon entrance music.

He seems unaware of just how racist much of the fanbase can be.

Israel Adesanya is coming for the throne. The ultra-charismatic UFC middleweight contender plans on being the biggest box-office draw in mixed martial arts history.

“I’ll be bigger than Conor [McGregor],” he boasted in a video published by Engage Media Group, per NZ Herald. Whatsmore, he does not even see it as a challenge. “I’m coming for those numbers. I don’t even have to chase them; they’ll chase me.”

It is not hard to see what Adesanya sees in himself. He has the natural showmanship to rival McGregor, a fan-friendly striking arsenal, and enough anime and video game references to give Demetrious Johnson a run for his money.

“I’m player one in this. If you guys could see me from my point of view, from my first-person shooter, from where I’ve come from and looking at everything now, it’s just like I planned every single thing and all the variables along the way I’ve adjusted to and adapted to easily,” he proclaimed.

“You guys think it’s cool to watch from your point of view, but from my point of view, it’s cool for me to watch my own rise and I can’t wait ‘til I take all those numbers.”

The undefeated Adesanya, 29, meets UFC middleweight legend Anderson Silva, 43, in what is reportedly a number one contender’s bout. Adesanya-Silva will serve as the co-main event for UFC 234: Whittaker vs. Gastelum on February 9th.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/1/...-bigger-than-conor-mcgregor-ufc-news-mma-news

Beating Silva in 2019 when he can't take his dick pills isn't as impressive. But either way, I like Israel and he is a breath of fresh air from all the wrestlefuckers tying up the divisions from any exciting fights. Watching Israel destroy Brunson was fucking magic. I hope the UFC takes their time to let Israel work his way to the top with his skill and his fights so he doesn't become another Darren Till statistic.

The Yoruban Stylebender has 80 kickboxing fights, and has never lost in MMA unlike Conor who lost to Sitenkov and Duffy in his early career.

He will beat Anderson in a brutal fashion, and for sure I think his star power can reach great heights.

Conor made his name beating guys his own age, this Israel guy is fighting a WAY past prime, no TRT, broken-shin Anderson.

What a joke. Anderson should have been allowed healthy doses of TRT for this fight. He made a mistake signing a long contract with the UFC and not going to a promotion that allows extras.

Impossible. Being a white guy with an easily definable ethnonational idenity is the pinnacle of marketing to the idiot masses.

Like Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson and Manny Pacquiao...

Back