Dana White on Colby Covington losing title shot: Take our offer, or other people will

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

It was during the UFC Brooklyn pre-fight presser on Thursday when White said he first got hold of Covington’s rant, which he issued a straightforward response to.

“When opportunities pop up, take ’em. When opportunity knocks, answer the door. Period, end of story,” White told an MMAjunkie representative at the event.

“You can ask anybody who’s been on this stage for a long time, when we call, if you take the fight, you take the fight. And if you don’t, other people will.

“That’s how this thing goes. It keeps rolling,” he added. “When we call and we make an offer, you take it. He didn’t.”

White did mention that Covington will get his turn, but not according to his own timeline.

“He’ll get another shot. It’s just not going to be when he wanted and when he thought it was coming. Usman went in there and fought that fight (vs. Rafael dos Anjos). I said that night, I wasn’t shy about it, ‘Usman looked good tonight. I’d actually like to see Usman versus Woodley,’ and we got it done.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...-when-opportunities-pop-up-take-them-mma-news

Unless you're Conor. Then we just give you as many offers at a title as possible.

I would normally care, but since it's against Colby, I'm willing to overlook Dana's very obvious spin job.

business man treats business like a business with business deals

shocking
<mma3>

<209Bitch><Dana05><31>

Are there 2 of the exact same threads going on? I'm in some sort of twilight zone.

Dana actually made a lot of sense there

But there's no way he didnt hear about Colby's complaints...what a poker face haha

Back