Jose Aldo vs. Renato Moicano - Who You Got?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
In my opinion this fight is going surprisingly under the radar. Aldo is the GOAT Featherweight who looked fantastic agaisnt a tough fighter in Stephens. Meanwhile Moicano is one of the best up and coming fighters in the division and easily dispatched Cub Swanson in his last fight. I am leaning towards Aldo with little confidence. Who you got?

giphy.gif

JaggedSorrowfulBug-size_restricted.gif

Aldo.

Moican just gets to sloppy at the end. I think he loses focus towards the end when he's tired. Aldo should be able to chop those legs down.

Think it starts competative but Aldo runs away with it near the end. Only fighting 3 rounds, Aldo can really push the pace and fight more aggressive.

Aldo should take it. He might have lost a step but you still either need to have a really solid, killer single strike (like Conor) or overwhelm him with your pace (like Holloway). Moicano doesn't seems to have either of those.

I'm rooting hard for Aldo, but it's going to be interesting to see how he deals with yet another very long striker, and unlike Max, Moicano won't oblige aldo with a brawl in the pocket—he'll stay on his bike and try to fight long. It's a tough fight for Aldo, but I hope he pulls it off.

It's going to be an interesting fight, I'll go with Aldo.

I got Aldo, is he the underdog? might put some money on him if he is.

I have a lot of respect for Aldo, but I'm picking Moiciano in this one.

Moicano is a poor mans Aldo.

But Aldo is so well past his prime he should be called Jose Oldthough.

moicano is a damn good fighter, but every time i see him kick, his hands drop. no one has been able to exploit it fully. basically because no one he's faced likes to fight in the pocket. most have been fighters who like to fight at range and moicano is too long. i see aldo exploding in and landed his hooks. aldo is still very fast and explosive. i see him being able to land kicks and inside shots.

Back