wonderboy vs showtime in nashville

jmsmma170

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WHO DO YOU GOT???

im hyped. this will be like a real kung fu showdown.

i got wonderboy by tko 4th round

WonderboyShowtime.jpg
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gotta love Wonderboy when he isn't fighting large opponents but rooting for Pettis because you gotta root for the underdog.

However, if Wonderboy doesn't bring it in this fight...against an undersized opponent who presents no wrestling threat, so his grappling chops can easily be made null by Wonderboy just refusing to engage on the ground...I will be rooting for Pettis hard.

Last edited:
Wonderboy by murder. I think it's time for Pettis to retire.

Pettis is my boy but what is he doing here? He was close to making 145 and now fighting at 170? He might be 180lbs at best on fight night, he was 175 on fight night against Tony but i certainly doubt he can put on mass for 170, Wonderboy might not bounce to 200lbs but he isnt exactly small either.

Pettis going to be too small & clearly not the force he once was, whether that's USDA or a series of tough fights.

I just hope Wonderboy has learned a valuable lesson & is more aggressive.

Pettis wins this fight. He'll be able to manage the long range and attack style of Thompson, something that troubles most fighters. Rofusport has faced Thompson before and they'll know how to attack him. Pettis has performance bonuses in his last 3 fights, I don't think his career is on the downslope that others seem to.

Pettis gradually becoming UFC's official sacrificial lamb sent to the just bleed god.

I just hope they both show up mentally prepared. If so, it'll be a barn burner! But lately both of these guys have had fights where they have looked unresponsive right from the opening bell.

Pettis wins this fight. He'll be able to manage the long range and attack style of Thompson, something that troubles most fighters. Rofusport has faced Thompson before and they'll know how to attack him. Pettis has performance bonuses in his last 3 fights, I don't think his career is on the downslope that others seem to.

2 of those fights were losses (vs Ferguson and vs Poirier) maybe it's a bit much to write Pettis off completely, but he's taken a lot of damage and got busted open pretty badly vs Ferg & Poirier

I just don't see how Wonderboy loses this fight, unless his career has started to fall off. For sure Pettis is going to feel "better" at 170, but is it enough to beat Wonderboy? Not if he's in top form.

One killer after another, he was good against Tony, one fight without the weight cut might be good for him, but i still dont like the idea too much.

Pettis lacks heart and as soon as he sees he has no path to victory his hand will break. I don't know how he still has fans.

Always root for Pettis personally, definitely not fun to be fans of fighters who decline and get smashed repeatedly. But once I like someone I typically stick around for the ride. Guys with slick striking always get my attention and Pettis definitely did early on. Hoping Israel can be a great fighter as well, although I prefer Anderson to win of course.

3 rounds of dancing from both competitors

boring fight.

Gotta love Wonderboy when he isn't fighting large opponents but rooting for Pettis because you gotta root for the underdog.

However, if Wonderboy doesn't bring it in this fight...against an undersized opponent who presents no wrestling threat, so his grappling chops can easily be made null by Wonderboy just refusing to engage on the ground...I will be rooting for Pettis hard.
Pettis at this point might see this matchup as a guy won't pressure him and he will be able to showcase his taekwondo. I'm a fan of both guys. But this will most likely play out like Rory vs Mousasi. Size does matter. Pettis will come in a huge underdog and Pettis likes that role maybe he has a showtime moment left in him. If this turns into a staring contest even with WB's size advantage I will be very sad.

Back