News 20 Least Respected Professions in America

Out of these professions - Which 5 are the most untrustworthy?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score

In this article, we will look at the 20 least trusted professions in America. We will also analyze some of the most trusted jobs and some highly reputable and trusted companies in the US. If you want to skip our detailed analysis, head straight to the 5 Least Trusted Professions in America.

Which Jobs Are Most Trusted?​

Healthcare professions, particularly nurses, medical doctors, and pharmacists, are widely regarded as trustworthy in the United States. According to a Gallup poll, nurses have been the most honest and ethical profession for over two decades, with 79% of respondents expressing high trust in them. While trust in these medical professionals slightly declined in the start of the pandemic, they still maintain higher trust levels compared to many other professions.

High school teachers were also considered trustworthy, but to a lesser extent, at 53%. Despite some partisan differences in opinions, Democrats and Republicans both ranked healthcare professions highly on honesty and ethics. The dedication and compassion shown by healthcare professionals, especially in challenging times, contribute to their enduring reputation as reliable and ethical individuals in the eyes of the American. Owing to their nature of work, professions in healthcare, including those of nurses and doctors, are among the most respected professions in the world.

Apart from these healthcare professions, the job of a pharmacist is often debated whether it is trusted or not. According to Gallup’s survey, pharmacists are indeed among the most trusted professionals in the United States, and this can be attributed to their dedication to customer care.

The least trusted professions are often considered ones where ethical values are violated on a daily basis or as part of the nature of their job. Thus, hacking is one of the most unethical jobs, but there's an ethical version of it too. You can read about ethical hacking covered in our article on most fun jobs that pay well.

As far as the trust in companies in concerned, Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST) holds a high level of trust in the US. The company's commitment to maintaining its $1.50 hot dog and soda combo price since 1985 demonstrates consistency and customer-centricity. This unwavering stance on pricing creates a sense of reliability and transparency that has built unshakable trust with consumers over the years.

Additionally, the emphasis on a positive corporate culture contributes to its high trust score. By promoting a workplace environment that values employees and customer satisfaction, Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST) creates a positive image, which resonates positively with the public. Lastly, the company's consistent growth further undersores its trustworthiness, as it indicates financial stability and longevity, assuring customers that they can rely on Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST) as a dependable retailer.

On the other hand, Deere and Company (NYSE:DE) is an agricultural machinery company that is highly trusted in the US. By upholding a strong legacy, Deere and Company (NYSE:DE) instills a sense of reliability and quality in its machinery, earning the trust of both new and longstanding customers.

Moreover, its dedication to providing excellent products and services reinforces trust. Deere and Company (NYSE:DE)’s focus on manufacturing reliable and durable machinery establishes a positive reputation, with customers knowing they can count on the company's equipment for their agricultural needs. Furthermore, the positive corporate culture emphasizing customer satisfaction and employee well-being contributes to its high trust ranking.

The barrier to entry for real estate agents is way too low. The business model for it is fucked IMO. Many agencies want as many agents as possible to get a cut of their commission and do not have any quality control for it. This brings in a lot of the part-timers who only close a handful times a year. That's been a main selling point of becoming a realtor, but what is it doing for a client?

The barrier to entry for real estate agents is way too low. The business model for it is fucked IMO. Many agencies want as many agents as possible to get a cut of their commission and do not have any quality control for it. This brings in a lot of the part-timers who only close a handful times a year. That's been a main selling point of becoming a realtor, but what is it doing for a client?
Realtors are largely useless in my experience. Mine simply supplied paperwork. We found the house and lender ourselves and then the dipshit went on vacation when we closed so none of our conditions were met by the seller prior to buying. And his home inspector missed a bunch of shit wrong with the house and cost $400.

Realtors are largely useless in my experience. Mine simply supplied paperwork. We found the house and lender ourselves and then the dipshit went on vacation when we closed so none of our conditions were met by the seller prior to buying. And his home inspector missed a bunch of shit wrong with the house and cost $400.

There are some good ones, but yes, there are many that do not do much. The problem is the system. The whole "buyers do not pay for a realtor" is total bullshit. It's wrapped into the purchase price. Many people bitch about not wanting to pay 6% or whatever the going rate is, but most don't want to deal with showing the house. Many buyers will be going to a realtor anyways, and often those realtors don't want to mess with for sale by owner. With Zillow out there, we are seeing more FSBO deals, but I think it will take a long time to really phase out realtors. I also do not think it's a good idea to completely phase out realtors. Like I said, there are good ones that provide value and most consumers are clueless. I just wish there weren't so many part-time ones that don't know shit. In the end, it should be responsibility of the broker to only hire good ones, but that's not a good way to make money. I don't really have a solution, but I would think a higher barrier to entry would be good and possibly a minimum amount of transactions required per year.

Politicians
Lobbyists
Lawyers
Pharma Sales
Insurance Sales

Politicians
Pharmaceutical Sales
Lobbyists
Lawyers
Influencers

IRS employees/tax collectors
UFC President
Televangelists
Community Activists (Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.)
Hookers and Gigolos
Drug dealers
Salespeople

Why all of the hate for influencers? They’ve never done anything to gain or lose my trust really. That pofession is all dumb luck whilst politicians are nepo babies or have been bought beforehand

Why all of the hate for influencers? They’ve never done anything to gain or lose my trust really. That pofession is all dumb luck whilst politicians are nepo babies or have been bought beforehand
There's been countless influencers that have gotten caught promoting charity scams, crypto scams, doing heinous shit and making fake apology videos, preying on ignorant children to fund their extravagant lifestyle, the list goes on. They're some of the scummiest people on earth.

Back