16oz gloves with most wrist support?

BonyAcaiNogueiraBrothers

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I stopped training a couple of years ago cause I broke my back and since I couldn't afford to go back to check up with the neurosurgeon the ER had referred me too, I assumed the thing would never heal and I completely gave up training. Now it's good enough that I can handle BJJ just fine and really wanna go back to boxing and kickboxing. I don't know what all equipment is considered the best these days. Shit changes all the time.

Here's where it gets super weird. I also have one functional arm lol and I used to always fuck my wrist up. Sometimes you put too much behind a sloppy punch and jar the shit out of it. Then you keep training with it and it takes forever to heal. Obviously should be more careful with my punches but it happens when you're trying to maintain a certain pace with the rest of the gym but not able to switch hands between drills. Plus power is the one thing I always had going for me and I just like to throw hard at all times on the bag and mitts...never really could get away from that. Before I broke my back I'd started using 16oz Protex 3's (gel version). They were amazing. Combined with tape and wraps, I used them (well one glove) 4-6 days a week for about a year and never had anymore issues. Plus they were durable as hell. They ended up disappearing on me and now they're damn near impossible to replace.

Who the fuck makes solid gloves with amazing wrist support these days that don't cost an arm and a dick? I mean I'm not broke anymore like I used to be. It's just like fuck, I can literally only use one of them. I've tried Venum, Hayabusa, Sanabul, Everlast PowerLocks...all the popular stuff you'd see a lot. Just need something that's way overbuilt around the wrist so I can go back to being a one hand man with a dream and I'm sure some Sherdogger has the answer.

Awesome, thank you. Had never heard of them but they look amazing.

Plus you can get them with horsehair so def gonna try that.

Hayabusa had a model with two velcro straps that offered a ton of support

I stopped training a couple of years ago cause I broke my back and since I couldn't afford to go back to check up with the neurosurgeon the ER had referred me too, I assumed the thing would never heal and I completely gave up training. Now it's good enough that I can handle BJJ just fine and really wanna go back to boxing and kickboxing. I don't know what all equipment is considered the best these days. Shit changes all the time.

Here's where it gets super weird. I also have one functional arm lol and I used to always fuck my wrist up. Sometimes you put too much behind a sloppy punch and jar the shit out of it. Then you keep training with it and it takes forever to heal. Obviously should be more careful with my punches but it happens when you're trying to maintain a certain pace with the rest of the gym but not able to switch hands between drills. Plus power is the one thing I always had going for me and I just like to throw hard at all times on the bag and mitts...never really could get away from that. Before I broke my back I'd started using 16oz Protex 3's (gel version). They were amazing. Combined with tape and wraps, I used them (well one glove) 4-6 days a week for about a year and never had anymore issues. Plus they were durable as hell. They ended up disappearing on me and now they're damn near impossible to replace.

Who the fuck makes solid gloves with amazing wrist support these days that don't cost an arm and a dick? I mean I'm not broke anymore like I used to be. It's just like fuck, I can literally only use one of them. I've tried Venum, Hayabusa, Sanabul, Everlast PowerLocks...all the popular stuff you'd see a lot. Just need something that's way overbuilt around the wrist so I can go back to being a one hand man with a dream and I'm sure some Sherdogger has the answer.
Fairtex BGV9. But you can't use them for sparring (Unless you want your sparring partner to bash your knees with a crowbar in the carpark after training)

I reckon Boon muay thai gloves, very solid wrist support, stable.

Reactions: MT5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back