Zero Carb for 30 dayss...?

If you put 1/2 tea spoon of Himalayan salt, 1/2 tea spoon of potassium chloride (found with a salt substitute -- I use something called Windsor Salt Free) in with 1.5 liters of spring or some kind of clean mineralized water, it works just like an electrolyte drink. Dirt cheap too.

Yes, I've done that with Nu Salt, a salt substitute. I would mix it with a zero calorie drink like Crystal Light to mitigate the horrible taste, but it still tasted like ass. I've also supplemented with magnesium and potassium tablets separately in addition to the multivitamins I was taking, but it was getting too inconvenient at some point. Not to mention, I used to buy bottles of Powerade Zero and this similar zero-calorie electrolyte drink called Suero X (sold only in Mexico) to help fuel my workout, but I was blowing like 3-4 dollars every training session and it was cost inefficient.

Now I just take two electrolyte capsules (one in the morning and one before my training session in the afternoon) a day along with my multivitamin pill and not worry about anything else.

Edit:

I've also drank Walmart's brand of organic chicken/beef bone broth, Campbell's beef consomme, homemade bone broth made from ox tail, and other similar stuff. Again, it was not cost efficient.

Another thing I want to mention about my diet is that I salt the crap out of my food. I consume a crap ton of sodium chloride everyday, and it's necessary too, otherwise I'll get dehydrated quickly and be dragging ass during work.

Last edited:
Life’s too short for this bullshit.

Everyone’s a god damned expert and the opinions all conflict.

Life’s too short for this bullshit.

Everyone’s a god damned expert and the opinions all conflict.

I don't know what you mean by this. I never claimed to be an expert on this diet, but I have written numerous posts (including a diet/training log) regarding this subject. I'm not here to proselytize or to find converts. I'm just offering anecdotal advice based on my personal experience on this diet.

Yes, I've done that with Nu Salt, a salt substitute. I would mix it with a zero calorie drink like Crystal Light to mitigate the horrible taste, but it still tasted like ass. I've also supplemented with magnesium and potassium tablets separately in addition to the multivitamins I was taking, but it was getting too inconvenient at some point. Not to mention, I used to buy bottles of Powerade Zero and this similar zero-calorie electrolyte drink called Suero X (sold only in Mexico) to help fuel my workout, but I was blowing like 3-4 dollars every training session and it was cost inefficient.

Now I just take two electrolyte capsules (one in the morning and one before my training session in the afternoon) a day along with my multivitamin pill and not worry about anything else.

Edit:

I've also drank Walmart's brand of organic chicken/beef bone broth, Campbell's beef consomme, homemade bone broth made from ox tail, and other similar stuff. Again, it was not cost efficient.

Another thing I want to mention about my diet is that I salt the crap out of my food. I consume a crap ton of sodium chloride everyday, and it's necessary too, otherwise I'll get dehydrated quickly and be dragging ass during work.

When I first made that electrolyte drink with the two kinds of salt, I was putting in too much. 1/2 tea spoon of the Himalayan and potassium chloride (each) is very palatable. You can drink it in mineral water w/o any need of sweetener. I know what you are talking about when you put in too much salts (nasty shit). If you cut it back to 1/2 tea spoon each in 1.5 liters of spring or reverse osmosis water that has been mineralized (which is what i do), then you are good to go. I put in a dozen drops of trace minerals into the water along with the salts I listed.

Not a lot of people understand the benefits of salts. They think they need to have Gatorade/Powerade when they could make their own w/o sugar. It's really important like you said to make sure that your electrolytes are balanced when you are exerting yourself or for people that are taking medications, as they can sweat them out during the hot summer months.

When I first made that electrolyte drink with the two kinds of salt, I was putting in too much. 1/2 tea spoon of the Himalayan and potassium chloride (each) is very palatable. You can drink it in mineral water w/o any need of sweetener. I know what you are talking about when you put in too much salts (nasty shit). If you cut it back to 1/2 tea spoon each in 1.5 liters of spring or reverse osmosis water that has been mineralized (which is what i do), then you are good to go. I put in a dozen drops of trace minerals into the water along with the salts I listed.

Not a lot of people understand the benefits of salts. They think they need to have Gatorade/Powerade when they could make their own w/o sugar. It's really important like you said to make sure that your electrolytes are balanced when you are exerting yourself or for people that are taking medications, as they can sweat them out during the hot summer months.

Yes, I sweat like a motherfucker everyday. I have this condition called hyperhidrosis, which affects 2% of the population. I have to go through 2 shirts every training session because they're quickly drenched in sweat and it feels like I'm wearing a second skin. Compression shirts don't do jack for me either.

Yes, I sweat like a motherfucker everyday. I have this condition called hyperhidrosis, which affects 2% of the population. I have to go through 2 shirts every training session because they're quickly drenched in sweat and it feels like I'm wearing a second skin. Compression shirts don't do jack for me either.

hahah know the pain my man.. bring in a straight up bath towel to keep the sweat at bay, and even that is completely soaked by the time training is all finished up

tackling a 32oz gatorade post training goes a long way in recovery.. notice a huge difference when I dont tackle enough fluids on days of brutal training sessions

routinely lose somewhere between 10-15lbs of water depending on how hot/humid it is.. this past month has been brutal

As a sports performance Ph.D student, I have no idea why someone would want to "consume zero carbs" for 30 days. Good luck!

this guy earned his Ph.D under the legend Dr. Stone who ran the Olympic Training Center for like 20 years ..............................

carbs are good for you

why cut em out? this is all silly broscience
I like the clarity. It helps me focus on technique when training. It’s also was easier to learn when your mind is clear of excessive thoughts. Training is more than just about physical performance.

Like the diet. Personally find carbs too beneficial for performance to cut them out.

Fats are great for keeping inflammation down and once your into Ketosis the energy is pretty amazing.

Back