Zercher bruises

bruises dont make you tough. why would you want to have pain there and make it harder to lift more? dont use a pad your first few sets, then use knee pads or a towel for your heavier ones and work up. forcing pain on yourself for no good reason is no way to get stronger.

You could hit your forearms with rulers or something. That might help. I don't know if it is true, I read in the grappling forum that Brazilian toughs rub their ears on stuff to get cauliflower ear so it looks like they are Jiu Jitsu badasses.
I heard the same about the Japanese.

I wish my ears weren't so small, so that they would get nailed more often. Cauliflower ear is the badge of a real man.

My solution: quit whining before I go and look up train times for your neck of the woods and bring my sledgehammer.

If they're really bothering you, try a maxi-pad or a towel, the worst of the bruising for me came when the bar moved around and crushed the flesh underneath, make sure it's not shifting in your arms.

I did 152.5 kg last weekend (whats that, 350lbs)

336.3lbs

You seriously have a science degree?

My solution: quit whining before I go and look up train times for your neck of the woods and bring my sledgehammer.

If they're really bothering you, try a maxi-pad or a towel, the worst of the bruising for me came when the bar moved around and crushed the flesh underneath, make sure it's not shifting in your arms.

336.3lbs

You seriously have a science degree?

hey, I wasn't far out considering I did it off the top of my head as I was writing a reply

*had a think*

5's into 150 are 30, so I guess I wasn't thinking when I put 50 instead of 30

Pah, any real science type can convert lbs to kilos in their head (at least anyone with a background in aeronautical engineering, fucking yanks).

physics mate, all we ever worked in was kg, the fundemental unit of mass

Bloody guys over the pond with their mucking about.

edit-getting that .3 from mental orithmatic is impressive :icon_chee

Damn Brits, go drink some tea or something will ya?

P.S. happy belated 4th of July :D :D

funnily enough the first tihng when I get home after work is dirnk a cup of tea

*slurps pint sized mugged*

Yeah I do tend to hump it a bit when unracking, which is adding to the bruising. Its lessening a bit each session even though the weight is going up.

Incidentally I also tend to inflate my gut and rest the bar on my abs during the descent. Good berzercher form?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vividwith33
Back