Zahabi/Jackson vs. Anderson

Hypothetically, what type of strategy would be devised by these exceptional coaches for GSP or Jones to beat Anderson Silva?

Pray....ha, seriously the one big hole Anderson has and why I always didn't give him complete respect is his wrestling (which happens to be the most dominate aspect of mma).You certainly don't want to stand with him even jones. Why? Get that lanky guy down , wear him out n ground and pound ala sonnen 1. Trouble is he learnt from that and he had wayyy better take down defence in sonnen 2. Both ( yes even gsp at 177.5) are very interesting and its wide Open at this point to the winner.

I know it's not the same fighter, but Jackson already had a go at Silva through Marquardt. Takes more than a gameplan.

Copy what Chael Sonnen did during his first fight with Silva... Takedown, lay and pray, go for decision

He will if you are ahead on pts.. Chael lost the 1st fight by being as aggressive as he was the first 4 rds.. I 100% understand why he did however Silva was 4 rds in the hole.. Coming to Chael was his only option if Chael took a step back.. If only Chael had backed off the 2nd fight instead of throwing the worst spinning backfist in MMA history..

wow. So much wrong with this.

Anderson doesn't fight rounds. That should be obvious by now.

Anderson fights fights.

No "score-cards" or no bothering with decisions except in 2 out of ALL his fights in the UFC.

There is no clock inside the Matrix.

He will if you are ahead on pts.. Chael lost the 1st fight by being as aggressive as he was the first 4 rds.. I 100% understand why he did however Silva was 4 rds in the hole.. ..

I think you're confusing coming forward with someone running directly into him....

I think if silva fights jones, jones would ko him! I would even bet money on it!

wow. So much wrong with this.

Anderson doesn't fight rounds. That should be obvious by now.

Anderson fights fights.

No "score-cards" or no bothering with decisions except in 2 out of ALL his fights in the UFC.

There is no clock inside the Matrix.

So Anderson will stand in the middle of the cage and let the clock expire losing a UD..

Got it..

I'm sure you've noticed he simply won't do that...If you won't come at him, he's made it perfectly clear he won't come at you.

Of course this comes with living a life inside the Matrix...

This. The last time that I can remember Silva going forward was against Chonan because he knew that he was going to lose the decision.

So Anderson will stand in the middle of the cage and let the clock expire losing a UD..

Got it..

First off, if Anderson is standing in the middle of the cage it's probably because he just finished his opponent.

And second, Anderson doesn't lose. This is the UFC we are talking about and Anderson stands undefeated.

GsP gameplan is not to fight Anderson
Jones TD GnP rinse and repaet

Yep, like others have said ... take Anderson down, do what GSP did to Penn and others and grind it out, deal punishment and not necessarily look for subs. He's so good at top position and GnP that moving towards subs only serves to open up the fight.

Just keep on smothering Anderson and claim a UD.

they'd bring in the dude that supposedly choked out seagal to counter andersons training

set up a takedown with some punches

Wrestlers who have set up takedowns with punches haven't gone too well. Chaels success came through bull rushing. Chael isnt the fighter that Dan is but he did markedly better.

If GSP and Bones attempted to set up takedowns through striking there is a strong chance at one point or another, they get rocked and finished.

GSP and Bones are differant types of wrestlers, the type that isnt as effective v Silva. That being said they adapt, and no doubt they would adapt v Silva and cause him problems.

Getting Silva to be aggressive is key as it takes away Matrix mode. It also takes away Silva's greatest strength...having the opponent's rhythm and his own timing down perfectly. The problem is you have to win the first couple rounds.....which isn't exactly easy.

Against GSP, Silva most likely puts his back to the cage as GSP's only chance of taking a guy that bigger than him down is with an explosive double. (well, not only chance but most likely) On top of that it would make GSP tired as the smaller man has to work harder there.

GSP would have to establish some sort of jab standing and if he did it would improve his chances of winning dramatically. I'm sure Roach could come up with a great plan for GSP and GSP is very good at executing gameplans.

Jones has it a lot easier. He automatically forces Silva to fight out of his comfort zone due to having a longer reach and Silva would not look nearly as relaxed being the aggressor.

Stay on the outside with kicks and then when Silva comes forward force the takedown.

Getting Silva to be aggressive is key as it takes away Matrix mode. The problem is you have to win the first couple rounds.....which isn't exactly easy.

Against GSP, Silva most likely puts his back to the cage as GSP's only chance of taking a guy that bigger than him down is with an explosive double. (well, not only chance but most likely) On top of that it would make GSP tired as the smaller man has to work harder there.

GSP would have to establish some sort of jab standing and if he did it would improve his chances of winning dramatically. I'm sure Roach could come up with a great plan for GSP and GSP is very good at executing gameplans.

Jones has it a lot easier. He automatically forces Silva to fight out of his comfort zone due to having a longer reach and Silva would not look nearly as relaxed being the aggressor.

Stay on the outside with kicks and then when Silva comes forward force the takedown.

Which also leads to GSP potentially getting stuck in the clinch -- GSP is probably the best IMO at executing gameplans but v Anderson he would have to acknowledge that he is going to get hit in an attempt to bull rush a double leg.

Back