Zabit Magomedsharipov went to Kung-Fu boarding school (Video)

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Update:
Ahead of todays fight vs Jeremy Stevens a lot of people talk about how Zabit is not up for the challenge and only fought bums etc. I just want to remind you of Zabit's background. This guy is raised to be a champion in very harsh conditions!

Original:
We all know that Zabit has some mad skills. I started this thread after watching interview with Ariel Helwani at MMA Hour. In this interview Zabit talks about a lot of stuff, how he fought with a broken hand. But the thing that stood out most to me was when he was talking about a "Wushu closed school" (boarding school) in Dagestan where his parents sent him as a child.

He talks about this in the video below from 17.35 and onwards. Now the fighter Timur Valiev next to him who is translating is not so proficient in English himself and Abdelaziz interrupts him when he is trying to translate. So I have taken out some parts from the interview and translated them below.

About the hand injury:

Half an hour before the fight I started to work the pads and somehow managed to hit coach in the elbow. I felt that something was wrong with my hand straight away – that it was broken or fractured. I didn’t say anything to my coach, so he wouldn’t worry.

The commission representatives were in the dressing room, so I didn’t show anything – I didn’t want to risk them taking me off the card. It hurt but I could take it.

I didn’t say anything to the media either because it would look like it was my coaches fault. I decided to say that I got the injury during the fight. But I understand that he (coach) told you himself that I was injured in the dressing room.

During the fight I couldn’t make a fist with my right hand. I didn’t feel the pain so much during the fight, but I still couldn’t hit properly.

At the moment I can’t really say if I would be able to finish Bochniak if I wasn’t injured, but I would certainly have performed a lot better (!!! :O) and been able to act tougher, would be able to control him better on the ground.

About Kung Fu boarding school:

I have been training since I was a child. I was studying at a closed school, we weren’t allowed to go home. We were allowed home only one day at the end of the month. We were training three times a day. I went to this school for 10-12 years. It was like a pris… closed school, there was nothing there except discipline, food and three practices per day.

I very seldomly saw my parents, then I moved to Makhachkala (capital of Dagestan) where I started wrestling with one of the best coaches in the world Mansur Chakaev.

……………..

That’s one hell of a life story. This guy is an absolute warrior.

UPDATE:

I found this school. It's called 5 storon sveta
https://5storonsveta.ru/

They are congratulating Zabit on their websaite. This guy is one hell of poster boy for the school. Except for him almost calling the school a prison :D.

https://5storonsveta.ru/novosti/pozdravljaem-zabita-magomedsharipova.html

This is apperantly one of top 100 schools in Russia and they have students from all of Russia and former Soviet Countries. It seems hard core, for Zabit it felt like a prison while for Muslim Salikhov it felt good to always be occupied with something meaningful as he describes it.

UPDATE 2:

This school has a youtube page :D:

They are not playing around. This is from schools youtube channel, their students participating in Dagestan Championships.

UPDATE 3:

ArtemV found a news report about this school in english:

Last edited:
Thanks for the cliffs TS!

Probably the best prospect in the UFC. I will be following him closely and I hope he gets a top 15 opponent next. That will really show us where he’s at.

Lol this Russians are born to kill. I thought parents send their children to boarding school to be doctors and lawyers

Lol this Russians are born to kill. I thought parents send their children to boarding school to be doctors and lawyers

Most parents usually do, but not in Dagestan it seems. He couldn't become anything other then a fighter after that childhood.

Last edited:
Sounds like a shitty way to grow up.

So did Edmond.

8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif

That's actually pretty cool, I wouldn't imagine it in dagestan of all places.

Actually now I remember that Abdurahimov (I think his name is) is a Wushu sanda national master of sports too, maybe there's quite the establishment there.

"It was like a pris... closed school" hahaha.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I can’t be the only kid that wished he was Kwai Chang Caine, right ?

Can I get a witness, breh.

That's actually pretty cool, I wouldn't imagine it in dagestan of all places.

Actually now I remember that Abdurahimov (I think his name is) is a Wushu sanda national master of sports too, maybe there's quite the establishment there.

"It was like a pris... closed school" hahaha.

I heard Wushu was big there during the 90's. It sound hard core though, sounds like some gladiator camp from Zabits description.

What kind of parent sends their child away for 10 years and only sees them 1 day a month? That's fucked up.

What kind of parent sends their child away for 10 years and only sees them 1 day a month? That's fucked up.
British aristocrats used to, except they did't even see them monthly. You only got to go home during the holidays and even then you'd probably only see your nanny while mother and father enjoyed the slopes of Switzerland or the sun drenched beaches of the French Riviera...

4221ac61f2ec9f23acd12e6fa8562dab.jpg

P.S. Zabeast is the future of that division, Yair had better come prepared! #Mexicant

Last edited:
I heard Wushu was big there during the 90's. It sound hard core though, sounds like some gladiator camp from Zabits description.
That would explain why he's kicking butt with it, yesterday I was watching kung-fu masters getting whooped by journeyman mma fighters in China.

And awesome cliffs, much appreciated.

He looks Borats son, yet could kill you. Interesting.

Are we now calling madrasas Kung-Fu schools?

Madrasa = school in arabic.

That would explain why he's kicking butt with it, yesterday I was watching kung-fu masters getting whooped by journeyman mma fighters in China.

I think that any Martian Art can kick ass when you have a bad motherfucker wielding it. Let's not forget that it's his stand up game, he got Dagestan wrestling for his ground game.

Back