Zabit Magomedsharipov: Anyone else stoked about this guy?

bigconan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone, I don't think ever, with his standup ability combined with his ground skills...he's not just good at both, but seems to be freaken unreal at both...It made me curious about his only loss...I was like, who the hell beat this guy...seems he lost by arm bar in 2013, in like his 4th or 5th fight...His grappling sure has improved since then...His standup is equal to if not better than conor's...with what seems like a really good ground game...I saw a fight of his where a guy tried like crazy to get this guy down, but couldn't...reminded me of a much younger bj penn...how he was impossible to take down...

I can't be the only one who thinks this guy is just a freaken mutant. I know we have to wait and see how he does against the top ranked guys...but from I have seen so far, he has shown incredible skills on both the feet and ground...deadly combination...last time i was this stoked about a fighter, it was conor...

Very much so.

Still holding out hope he gets on that 223 Brooklyn card.

I love anyone with that kind of top control. Future champion!

I haven't seen anyone, I don't think ever, with his standup ability combined with his ground skills...he's not just good at both, but seems to be freaken unreal at both...It made me curious about his only loss...I was like, who the hell beat this guy...seems he lost by arm bar in 2013, in like his 4th or 5th fight...His grappling sure has improved since then...His standup is equal to if not better than conor's...with what seems like a really good ground game...I saw a fight of his where a guy tried like crazy to get this guy down, but couldn't...reminded me of a much younger bj penn...how he was impossible to take down...

I can't be the only one who thinks this guy is just a freaken mutant. I know we have to wait and see how he does against the top ranked guys...but from I have seen so far, he has shown incredible skills on both the feet and ground...deadly combination...last time i was this stoked about a fighter, it was conor...

I seem to recall the commentators saying he went to a boarding school for MMA. He looks legit to me. It will be a shame if Holloway has to move up before Zabit becomes the top contender

I am but they keep on giving him bums. I want him to fight some top 15 guys

Yep I wish they would give him a top 10 right now since everyone lower is very afraid to fight him. Hope he doesnt have to go Max Holloway route of 11 in a row before TS. I think they were trying to derail Max though.

haven't been this excited for a prospect since Till, probly

Hoping Zabit and Isreal have breakout 2018's

I'm stoked for the future of 145 tbh. Lots of good talent coming up there.

This guy has all the makings to be an all time great, I don't remember the last time I saw a fighter this well rounded in their first two fights. I honestly don't see how Holloway can beat him, but Zabit won't get a title shot in forever because nobody wants to fight him unfortunately.

Being a beast between beasts have its negativity.
Khabib got lucky

I think anyone who has watched him fight is

How could you not be? He's clearly future champion material

It's going to be very exciting to watch him develop

I am. Zabit is freaking talented. I'm also stoked about Antigulov, Bibulutov and newcomers Ankalaev, Said. If only they got fights that wasn't just Fight Pass graveyard, and fought frequently. They get injured or don't receive a visa once, and for whatever reason they're not offered another fight rest of the year. Taisumov was completely healthy last year and asked for a fight on Poland, and didn't get it.

He's looked great so far and definitely has a high ceiling, but come on dude....

.His standup is equal to if not better than conor's.

Let's wait until he's actually fought someone in the top 10 before we make stupid declarations like this.

Oh nevermind, this is a bigconan thread. Now I get it.

But can he work a mic?

Watching him is like the new anderson silva. love lookin forward to his fights

Very exited to see him progress, yet another of many exiting prospects from the Dagestan region.

I am but they keep on giving him bums. I want him to fight some top 15 guys

he's only had 2 fights in the ufc. this guy he's set to fight next; is he top 15? Either way, he's running through people..they better give him some top guys.

Yep I wish they would give him a top 10 right now since everyone lower is very afraid to fight him. Hope he doesnt have to go Max Holloway route of 11 in a row before TS. I think they were trying to derail Max though.

I honestly don't think so...This guy seems to go right through people like nothing...and he looks impressive as hell doing it...he does seem to be a bit quiet though...that won't help him...but I think he's such a dominant force, at least he appears to be...it won't take him long.

haven't been this excited for a prospect since Till, probly

Hoping Zabit and Isreal have breakout 2018's

You should youtube some of his fights...He's fought a few russian guys that definitely seemed skilled...

Back