Yves' Standup against Ikemoto

tamburello

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Yves looked good against Ikemoto. He was a little tentative with his hands, and didn't let his fists really fly but he showed good hand speed and put together a few decent combos. His movement was a little too linear, he should have circled more and moved in and out. But he did well overall.

I didn't see his fight with Hominic so I can't make any comparisons.

Oh, and did anyone see his stomp fake to stomp attempt? I bet the Chute Boxe guys were watching and thinking, "How come we never thought of that"?

Anyone care to comment?

He was content to pick on the outside, he didn't put together any combos and he never got into the clinch to do some real damage.

i think yves did not want to get tied up or muscled around, the guy has reach; but was slower and lacked overall mobility, so yves took the easy route picking him apart and flashing those fast hands and feet.

good strategy, if faced w/an opp who pressed more or who had a better skillset he might have had to do more; but based on who was in front of him he was fine.

Yves boxing is very talented for an mma fighter. i respect his footwork even more.

tamburello said:
Oh, and did anyone see his stomp fake to stomp attempt? I bet the Chute Boxe guys were watching and thinking, "How come we never thought of that"?
It certainly is very creative and could do a lot to catch someone off guard.
But stomping straight into the mat and then doing another off the other leg is pretty slow, and there's a good time window for the down fighter to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back