• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your thoughts on Brennan Ward

SH10151

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
saw this posted on reddit and wanted to share.

I think this kid is great. He seems level headed and has some exciting fights.

He seems like a decent character, but I don't think his ceiling is too high. He looks solid when he gets outmatched opponents, but I don't ever see him being champion.

If he beats santos, I see him getting a title shot tho. He will ultimately lose to either benson or andrey. He is popular in Connecticut so he will always have his place.

He tends to start off level headed and then quickly reverts to carelessness in his fights. He has the power to KO the best and his wrestling is decent. I just wish he would get more technical in his stand-up.

I hope he gets a WW title shot. Him vs Benson would be hugein CT..even though I'm rooting for Koreshkov.

I still think he was screwed out of that title shot but you know, ratings. Should have had Bendo fight Brooks instead. I'm not really convinced by his Welterweight wins, Thatch was massively overrated and Masvidal is really just a Lightweight.

With that said, Brennan is probably my favorite fighter out of the Bellator Welterweights. All of his fights are crazy, whether he wins or loses. Fighting style-wise, I'd say he's like Bellator-Ellenberger. Rooting for him to take the WW belt in 2016.

I still think he was screwed out of that title shot but you know, ratings. Should have had Bendo fight Brooks instead. I'm not really convinced by his Welterweight wins, Thatch was massively overrated and Masvidal is really just a Lightweight.

With that said, Brennan is probably my favorite fighter out of the Bellator Welterweights. All of his fights are crazy, whether he wins or loses. Fighting style-wise, I'd say he's like Bellator-Ellenberger. Rooting for him to take the WW belt in 2016.
If he had fought a bit smarter and not gotten sloppy, he probably could've beaten Shlemenko. At 170 he's looking pretty solid, and if he wins this (and I think he will) then I'd like to see either Ward-Page or Ward for the title.

I really like the guy but I'm seeing more and more holes in his striking defense in every fight

I feel Koreshkov could KO him with ease if he land a clean high kick

Bendo is on another level IMO and he would take the W in some way, even adjusting his strategy during the fight

I pray for Ward vs Page, very unlikely but a man can dream

Think he has potential to be the champ. He's athletic and has the tools to fight anywhere. He's still a little raw and his cardio is a question mark. But he can be a top WW.

He beats the guys he's supposed to beat. That's all I can really say for him, and I don't see that changing.

I understand why all you people think he should get a tittle shot but if he wins he will be on a 5 fight win streak. But Fernando Gonzalez is already on a 5 fight win streak so Fernando gets the first crack at Benson while MVP and Ward square off when Bellator heads to london Better win between them and Daley vs Ko's gets a shot

If he had fought a bit smarter and not gotten sloppy, he probably could've beaten Shlemenko. At 170 he's looking pretty solid, and if he wins this (and I think he will) then I'd like to see either Ward-Page or Ward for the title.
Brennan won that first round, in the second, he didn't pace himself and got caught in a nasty choke. Halsey would have beaten him eventually so I don't think Ward would have been MW champ for long, lol.

At the rate MVP is going, I don't think we will ever see Page fight Ward, sadly. Ward will be next in line for the title.

Back