• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your thoughts on Bellator's inaugural PPV.

Red Eyed Buddha

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
With Bellator's inaugural PPV maincard complete, I've been wondering what people think about it.

Main card:
Quinton Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz
Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez (Title)
Muhammed Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton (Title)
Pat Curran vs. Daniel Straus (Title)
Cheick Kongo vs. Vinicius Queiroz

Spike TV preliminary card:
Joe Riggs vs. Mike Bronzoulis
Terry Etim vs. Patrick Cenoble

With 3 title matches, a #1 contender match, and I'm sure Jackson/Tito will have title implications as well. I think it's actually a decent card. Not as interesting or impactful as a top UFC card, but all things considered, these are good match ups if you ask me. I'm interested in how many buys it does, the overall presentation, and the media's reaction. Also, how soon they do another, if ever. Personally if it was free I'd be excited for it. If it cost around 10-15$ I'd even buy it.

Anyway, regardless of how many buys you think it will do.
What do you think about the quality of Bellator's PPV on paper, and what it means for Bellator as a brand?

Overall, a pretty good card. Im with you on the $10-15 price but Im guessing it will be $40+.

I have a feeling this PPV will be their last. And could turn Viacom on the Bellator brand as a whole.

yes its strong, shame 2 old men are the main event

Surprised Kongo fighting again so quick as he did not in UFC

It depends on the price. I want to see the fights though I won't be paying to watch this if it is over 20 dollars. I will buy the DVD if one is released.

Anyone know the price?

That'll determine the buys, imo. If they want $40-60 for this its going to crash and burn.

I like a lot of the fights on there though, besides Tito/Rampage.

Overall, a pretty good card. Im with you on the $10-15 price but Im guessing it will be $40+.

I have a feeling this PPV will be their last. And could turn Viacom on the Bellator brand as a whole.

At the press conference they said it'll be $35-$45 but don't know if that's true. haven't seen ads on my local directv with the price.

Card is PPV worthy, question is what a price tag is going to be...

I'm looking forward to it, better than most of the UFC PPV's.

good card, weakest fight is the main event

I'm looking forward to it, better than most of the UFC PPV's.

Yep.

Chandler and Alverez are the real main event for all of those making fun of Tito - Page.

Anyone that paid for UFC 161 and UFC 158 with fights like Rosi Sexton vs Davis, Camozzi vs Ring, and Ricci vs Fletcher on the main card has no room to talk.

The next couple of UFC PPV are stacked to be fair though (even though 165 was pretty light other than the main event)

It's a damn good card for sure. I'm going to buy it, I wasn't sure before but I'm sold

I think it's a horrible idea to do PPV for Bellator. They would have been best to try and make this a big Saturday night card on Spike instead of PPV.

Didn't King Mo lose recently?

In February

He has won both of his fights since his loss by KO or TKO.

He is rematching that guy that KOed him. Should be interesting.

Anyway....fighters lose sometimes. It doesn't make them not worthy of being watched.

For example....Wanderlei has been .500 or below fighter since he KOed Rampage the 2nd time in 2004. I will always watch him fight win or lose.

This card is STACKED! Well done by Bellator putting together such a great card for its PPV debut. Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a stacked card needs to get off of the UFC bandwagon, this card is better than half of the cards the UFC has shoved in our faces this year.

Kongo, Newton, Mo, Chandler, Alvarez are all UFC caliber fighters and even though they are passed their prime, Rampage and Tito are two of the greatest LHW of all time and paired against each other it should be a pretty fun fight to watch.

I boycott purchasing UFC PPVs but Ill buy this one for sure.

Back