• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Mount Rushmore Of MMA

Genki Sudo II

Blue Steel Ferrari Le Tigre They're The Same Face!
Banned
Reaction score
I think this might've have been done already due to obviousness of the idea but I wanted to present my Rushmore 4.

Sakuraba
Fedor
Frank Shamrock
Anderson Silva

I'd agree more or less but I'm not a fan of Frank Shamrock being there, excellent fighter in the early days, very well rounded but he was not the first well rounded fighter like a lot of people believe.

If Frank is there based on being well rounded early in the sport, Marco Ruas should take his place, guy was a total beast and the Gracies ducked him like the plague. He had ruthless standup and a solid ground game to back it up (his sub of Keith Hackney was awesome).

I'd agree more or less but I'm not a fan of Frank Shamrock being there, excellent fighter in the early days, very well rounded but he was not the first well rounded fighter like a lot of people believe.

If Frank is there based on being well rounded early in the sport, Marco Ruas should take his place, guy was a total beast and the Gracies ducked him like the plague. He had ruthless standup and a solid ground game to back it up (his sub of Keith Hackney was awesome).

I'd wish he had more big fights but I always liked the guy a lot back then...

Sakuraba - star of japan, beat the gracies

Fedor - decade without a loss

Anderson - king of the cage in every sense of the word

Royce - started it all

There are a bunch of guys that I'd love to put on there that I can't though. Shamrock brothers, Matt Hughes, Wanderlei, Chuck, Minotauro, Couture, etc. all have their place in the MMA Hall of Fame.

ad6uzzdceaawn7t.jpg_large.jpg

I don't know who the other two guys would be but these two would be there for sure...

Cain, JDS, Jones, Pettis

Hi. I'm new to sport of Ultimate Fighting and recently signed up at a gym to train UFC.

royce - for obvious reasons, ufc pioneer, proved how effective submissions are.
sakuraba - biggest japanese star, defeated the gracies.
fedor - imo is the greatest of all time.
jon jones? - the future of mma.

Royce,Fedor,Anderson and ???

Liddell?
Hendo?
Saku?
Wand?
GSP?

Anderson Silva
Chucky
GSP
Fedor

and me since it's my mountain.

Why isn't this in UFC discussion?

If you google "Mount Rushmore mma", you'll find a bunch of these. Apparently this thread has been done before. Lol.

20121217120358_top.JPG

Back