Your forum, your input | Page 3

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Roger FedorAIR, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Joseph Budden Yellow Card

Joseph Budden
    Dk if anyone would have the time for this, but what would actually be dope with our new betting section is a "Track/Rank the Bettors" thread. Have one person run it, have the regulars who want to participate screenshot their slips from events, have the person running the thread organize it, turn the numbers into percentages and list us from best to worst

2. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Jae Gibbz
    I personally wouldn't participate in that, just because that is more work on my part lol. But I have no problem with that if a thread like that is opened up

3. Joseph Budden Yellow Card

Joseph Budden
    I wouldn't want to run it, but if participation just requires screen shots of bet slips after events i'm down haha

4. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    not too interested in that, the goal is to help each other make $, not compete w/each other

(that's my thought, anyway, if a lot of people want it, we can look into it)

5. Roger FedorAIR It ain't easy being white

Roger FedorAIR
    Great suggestions. A bet tracker thread has been brought up by others, as well. The "live" thread launching fight night is something that sounds good, too.

Good post, and yes, it's very much appreciated. Cheers!

Jae Gibbz likes this.
  6. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Jae Gibbz
    I also have another idea lol. This is going back to supporting the "one thread" idea. Instead of having a thread for individual events, maybe we could have monthly or quarterly versions. Example: UFC January betting thread/UFC Winter betting thread or something like that. I personally still don't feel like clicking through multiple threads for other events. And like I said in a previous post, we can just lock the thread once an event goes live and open a "LIVE UFN 81 Betting Thread" and reopen the main thread once the event ends

Roger FedorAIR likes this.
  7. Joseph Budden Yellow Card

Joseph Budden
    If it were to happen hopefully we can be adults about it and not turn it into something more intense than it should be, but I love me some friendly competition. Would be cool seeing who comes out of every event with the most correct picks and highest profit percentages.

You and Gibbz two of the biggest regulars who aren't down so doesn't look good anyways lol :(

Roger FedorAIR likes this.
  8. Roger FedorAIR It ain't easy being white

Roger FedorAIR
    Lol, I thought it was a good idea.

When you consider that guys are already posting their bets in the threads anyways, why not provide a place to aggregate it for everyone to see that's always open and not buried and scattered through multiple threads? You're always going to get guys fudging their numbers, and to that I say, who cares? Unless you're selling your bets, what do I care if the next guy wants to fudge his numbers?

Now as far as turning it into a competition, I can see why guys don't want to be a part of it. But as far as having a place to take what you're already going to post anyways, but just have it in a place that's dedicated to tracking what you're already trying to track, then I don't see the downside to it.

LEMONZEST and Joseph Budden like this.
  9. Roger FedorAIR It ain't easy being white

Roger FedorAIR
    Thanks for the brainstorming, Jae. Good stuff.

10. JimGunn Red Belt

JimGunn
    This isn't related specifically to the betting thread but Hallelujah!, we have an option for 50 posts per page available in user preferences now! So much less clicking forward and wasted energy to read the threads!

EzFlyer and Jae Gibbz like this.
  11. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Jae Gibbz
    Or an alternative to this, would be to have the one main thread that we've always had where we would discuss upcoming fights/events not related to the title of the thread. However, once that event ends and a new thread is opened up maybe a moderator can move relevant posts from the previous thread to the new thread. This would obviously require work from a moderator, thogh

12. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    I like having the events be separated in the first place

Tebowned likes this.
  13. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Jae Gibbz
    I personally don't. It's just a matter of preference. Nothing wrong with it

14. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    Heard , no right or wrong here

15. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

LEMONZEST
    My thoughts are summed up perfectly by Jae and Jim below:

Jae says:

I appreciate what you were trying to do here and the work you put in to move the posts, but I personally hate this format. I don't feel like clicking through 20+ (potentially 50+ during weeks/months with multiple events) threads for content I could see in 1 thread.

JimGunn says:

I am vehemently opposed to multiple threads for each fight and am strongly opposed to arbitrarily breaking up the discussion into preliminary and main cards or even pre-fight and live threads. One thread per UFC event is all we need just like before where people can have an ongoing discussion about all the fights and bets on a card and any related MMA or other betting talk.

Where do I look for CES discussion for tonight? I feel like I need to look in 10 different threads to see if it is being discussed anywhere...

Tebowned likes this.
  16. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

LEMONZEST
    I can understand people wanting seprate threads for other sports betting discussion like NBA, NHL, MLB etc. Even so I like seeing those mixed into the 1 thread that I actually check.

17. LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

LEMONZEST
    I agree that I have no interest in competing per se. What I would like to see is what regs are on what fighters at a glance. Like if there was a mini poll for each event then we could at a glance see results like the below:

Cruz: Jae Gibzz, Oblivian, EZ
    TJ: Joseph Budden, Peurto Rican,

I think this would really help non-regs (but also help regs) that check the thread sporadically and really just want to know what the conseus is and don't want to read the thread.

I think this would actually help us make money. Sometimes I bet someone and don't realize until later that most people were against me if I don't read bet breakdowns in detail and sometimes there is just a lot of fights going on at once.

Jae Gibbz and Joseph Budden like this.
  18. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Jae Gibbz
    That's a pretty good idea. The only thing is, not that I do this a lot, but I occasionally flip-flop on fights. I'm pretty sure everybody does it occasionally. I know MMAGF does it quite frequently lol

19. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Jae Gibbz
    I know this is a long shot, but is there any way possible that there can be one main thread where posts from all these other fight threads automatically get duplicated in the main thread? Do you guys understand what I'm saying? Maybe I'm wrong but I think this would be a near perfect fix for both parties

Basically a main thread that is locked for posts but automatically gets posts from other threads duplicated in it. I'm not even sure if this is even possible though

20. Joseph Budden Yellow Card

Joseph Budden
    [​IMG]