• Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

• The Thin Red Line

• Armageddon

• Lethal Weapon 4

• Rushmore

• Ronin

• Shakespeare in Love

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm legit surprised to see that Saving Private Ryan is not dominating.

"Favorite" and "best" movie are sometimes two different things. I haven't seen SPR but I figured it would win since so many people heap praise on it.

But when it comes to favorite movies, sometimes people just want to have fun, man. Re-watchability sometimes matters.

Others:

Psycho

image.jpg

That is one hell of a list. I went with Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

"Favorite" and "best" movie are sometimes two different things. I haven't seen SPR but I figured it would win since so many people heap praise on it.

But when it comes to favorite movies, sometimes people just want to have fun, man. Re-watchability sometimes matters.

I agree with that, but even taking that into a consideration I thought SPR would take it.

Speaking of which, how have you not seen that movie? You need to fix that, like, tonight!

I'm legit surprised to see that Saving Private Ryan is not dominating.

It's probably the best movie on the list. But idk about u guys but I have to be in a certain mood to watch it.

But Big Lebowski, Rush Hour, Blade, Rounders....I can watch those any time.

Does anybody remember What Dreams May Come? It's been years since I saw it but I remember being blown away. I need to rewatch that one soon.

I agree with that, but even taking that into a consideration I thought SPR would take it.

Speaking of which, how have you not seen that movie? You need to fix that, like, tonight!

War movies bore me. Which is ironic, because I like guns and explosions.

It's probably the best movie on the list. But idk about u guys but I have to be in a certain mood to watch it.

But Big Lebowski, Rush Hour, Blade, Rounders....I can watch those any time.

Frankly, I don't get all the love for The Big Lebowski. It's a fun movie and all, but it's not even one I feel compelled to revisit but maybe once every five years. Same goes for Rush Hour.

Blade and Rounders I can understand.

Does anybody remember What Dreams May Come? It's been years since I saw it but I remember being blown away. I need to rewatch that one soon.

Never saw it.

Frankly, I don't get all the love for The Big Lebowski. It's a fun movie and all, but it's not even one I feel compelled to revisit but maybe once every five years. Same goes for Rush Hour.

Blade and Rounders I can understand.

Never saw it.

Big Lebowski is weird because somehow the more times you see it, the more it grows on you. Can't really explain how or why.

For years I was the same as you, I just didn't get what all the hype was about. But for some reason eventually it grew on me and now it's become one of my favorite movies. The more times you see it, the funnier it gets. Like almost every line of dialogue cracks me up now. I just dig the dude and his quirky little world.

dark-city-5222b3448abb5.jpg

That's a tough one.

I remember watching this in the theater and i was in the last row, so i could see the entire crowd, and when it was over the whole theater was just kind of like WTF? and slowly left. Odd movie going experience. Only beaten by Freddie Got Fingered.

Anyways, I voted Saving Private Ryan. To me it's alltime great and one of the best ever made. I also think Something About Mary is an alltime great comedy. Another great theater experience. It's up there with the most i've ever seen a crowd laugh. It was really fun. I actually saw it twice in the theater the same week.

edit. I also saw Lethal Weapon 4 in the movies and that was nuts. Nobody knew Jet Li at the time and the crowd bugged out during his fight scenes. Tons of gasps and OH SHIT! screaming. Very fun. That style is a bit common in films now but it was really fun to see a virtual unkown in the US make that type of impact.

Gots to be Fear and Loathing

Lock Stock, Big Lebowski, Rounders and Ronin were all great too

Plus shoutout to

416PGpjXYkL.jpg

Only war movie I liked is Predator.

Other war movies on my "haven't seen list"

Platoon
Apocalypse Now
The Thin Red Line
Black Hawk Down
Lone Survivor
The Hurt Locker
Band of Brothers series
Hacksaw Ridge
Fury
... and many more.

First half of Full Metal Jacket was fun to watch. But that's just training, not war itself. Also saw American Sniper because my buddy wanted to see it. It was alright. Nothing really memorable about it. Oh, and I also saw Jarhead. I enjoyed that one more than I expected going in, because it's not so much about the war itself as a look into the mind of a grunt on deployment.

Big Lebowski is weird because somehow the more times you see it, the more it grows on you. Can't really explain how or why.

For years I was the same as you, I just didn't get what all the hype was about. But for some reason eventually it grew on me and now it's become one of my favorite movies. The more times you see it, the funnier it gets. Like almost every line of dialogue cracks me up now. I just dig the dude and his quirky little world.

I think part of it is that I don't really find any of the characters likable.

Blade, American History X, The Big Lebowski, Rush Hour, and Saving Private Ryan would be my top 5, in no order..

Great year for movies.

Fuck the Truman Show for killing prime Jim Carrey. He was never the same.

Back