Your fav commentator

proncley

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Atlas hate here (and I don't dislike him as much as others) made me think about the commentators that made watching fights even better. And while I think that Al Bernstein, George Foreman, Roy Jones and Manny Steward did a good job, I still think that Gil Clancy remains untouchable as far as voice, structure and knowledge goes.

Commentators I dislike: Howard Cossell, Larry Merchant.

Froch is a good commentator. Rjj is a good commentator.

The problem is that most of the commentators seem to realise the audience back home has probably been drinking hard and they don’t really need to provide accurate analysis. Sensationalism is enough.

Big George and Manny Steward may have been wrong or biased a few times,and some fucking nerds crucify them for that shit,as if they are any better,but I always loved hearing their insight in the matches. RJJ is really good too. Honestly for the longest time,despite their flaws and bias,i was raised on the HBO team since the 80s and wanted them to call every fight. Showtime team right now is really great tho.

I like the SHO team. They're young and genuine. And they don't blatantly shill like Kellerman or Atlas.

I like Paulie and oddly, Max Kellerman has become one of the more professional color guys out there .

I like the SHO team. They're young and genuine. And they don't blatantly shill like Kellerman or Atlas.
Yeah, I agree HBO tries too hard with the salesmanship. Not everyone can be the greatest fighter you've ever seen HBO.

I actually missed the HBO crew last night.

I like Al Bernstein and also Juan Manuel Marquez

I like Paulie and Roy is good, and i don't have issues with Max when he is not preaching on ESPN.

Yeah, RJJ is good unless he has to say a compound sentence or a word longer than 3 syllables. ;) I do like RJJ though.

I like Tesitore's (sp?) voice and Lampley overall.

I actually missed the HBO crew last night.

The people commenting on ESPN aren't professional. Just bunch of guys they scraped together from their staff room. They need guys with boxing commentary experience. Arum needs to do something about that.

Back