Your experience of the Police.

There's a township called Eastborough like that in Wichita, KS. It's completely surrounded by Wichita and it's sometimes more convenient to drive through it than go around. But same thing, the speed drops from 35 to 20 and the cops are waiting.
What a bullshit use of resources. Better not fucking tell me you don’t have the staff to investigate an actual crime later. Assholes.

What a bullshit use of resources. Better not fucking tell me you don’t have the staff to investigate an actual crime later. Assholes.

Eastborough is the swankier part of town (or at least it was, I haven't been back in a while), so I think for the residents speeding is probably the worst crime they deal with. It's only a few hundred people but they have their own police department that's independent of the Wichita PD. Still, it always felt like the wealthy had put a trap in the middle of town to pay for their police department which they used to trap drivers. Self-funding troll job.

Joke was on them, though. Decreasing the speed limit just means all of the smelly poor people spend more time driving through it.

White, middle class, and college educated.
My experiences have been infrequent and mundane(couple of tickets/never been a victim of a crime). Like any other profession or social class , police vary between intelligent/reasonable professionals and worthless "I can't believe you're allowed to cross the street alone" turds.

Mostly positive. They got a job to do, I can respect that.

Mostly good.
I had guns drawn on me in downtown Santa Cruz once, in a case of mistaken identity.
To be fair, the dude they were looking was a) a known acquaintance of mine, b) looked very similar (thin, long blonde hair, blue eyes, etc and c) was being sought for armed robbery. I would be surprised if the dude wasn't either dead or in prison.
Also in Santa Cruz, there was a cop by the name of McConnel that used to go around asking some of us if we thought we were tough and, if so, would we like a shot at him, lol, just like the Wild West.
There was a moped cop that used to ride the riverwalk along River St. A bunch of dudes strung up a line of fishing line or piano wire or something between two bridge walls, hoping to decapitate the fucker.
It only knocked him off his scooter, though, and resulted in more scooter cops.
Good times.

Last time I got pulled over, it was early dawn, heading to work, and barely any traffic on I-65. CHP pulled me over for doing 140. Since I am polite and didn't argue, didn't bitch or make excuses, he let me go with not only a warning, but compliments in both choice of car and music. We shot the breeze for a minute, he said slow it down, be safe and have a wonderful day, I said likewise, and that was that.
I've also gotten tickets, but every encounter has been pleasant.

In my experience, how the Man treats you is almost always dependent upon your own attitude.

Most of mine have been reasonable. I have a few different stories. I got pulled out of a vehicle by the cops because they thought we stole it (couple of kids driving around at night, the car was registered to his grandfather who lived a city over). That was unnecessarily tense. Small town, the kind where you see 3 or 4 cruisers anytime anyone is pulled over because they literally have no where else to be. Usually they're just parked near the bar talking to each other and waiting for the drunks to stumble to their cars.

One time in Hollywood I was eating at an In N' Out with some friends, sitting in the back of my pickup enjoying our burgers. Out of nowhere about 4 cruisers enter the parking lot at a high rate of speed, doors open and they're all focused on one group of people sitting at the tables. The cops were on the far side of the table from us. So imagine Cops -----> Table ------> Us being the line of sight, here. We're all about 18-19 and from a small town so we're not really thinking about much except that it's kind of surreal. Then I hear one of the cops yell "Hey, you in the truck. Get down." At that point it struck me that there were guns pointed at us, so we got down. The situation eventually calmed, and the got cuffs on the group at the table. Nothing else really happened. One of my friends was visiting from out of town, so it was an experience should could take home at least.

In Vegas I got pulled over on my bike (pedal bike, not motorcycle) because I took a shortcut through Sunset Park at about 11PM at night. Apparently the park is closed and that was a no-no. Took him forever to pull me over though. A few miles down the road. He ended up driving way past me with his lights on and then stopped. As I approached I just slowed down because I wasn't sure what he wanted. But he got out and met me. Asked me if I had been riding through the park, I said yes, it's a shortcut on my way home from the gym. Cuts about a mile off of my ride. He just told me it was closed and not to do it. He also said I couldn't ride on the street at night without a light on my bike. I still had another 2 or 3 miles til home so I took his name incase one of his colleagues stopped me down the road for the same thing. Obviously I wasn't getting a light put on at 11PM at night and I still had a ways to go. No problem besides that.

There's a few more. Probably the most disappointing was when I worked at a gas station / fast food joint in high school. The owner let the cops come in and have free coffee and soft serves. One day I'm driving home with that same friend who I was with when the cops accused us of stealing the car. We get pulled over a few hundred feet before my house. The cop was being a real pain in the ass until he looked over and saw my uniform. He said hi and then let us go. At the time I was pretty stoked not to have to deal with the hassle, but in retrospect it's kind of fucked up that the only thing that kept us from getting hassled for no reason was the fact that I had given him free stuff.

lol I forgot about this one. On a new years eve, I had to work late and didn't get off until about 11:30. I went to pick up a friend who was at another house to move her to a different party. Basically the entire party was picking up and moving. Anyway, I get there and load her up and this caravan of people starts leaving for the other party. I'm probably the only sober person driving, everyone else has been tying it on for a minute. And wouldn't you know, as we cut across town the police decide to pull over me. I had some wires dangling in front of my license plate. I got a kick out of the fact that here he was, giving me a warning for that while car after car full of DUI's and MIC's passed right by him.

That's the gist of experience with the police.

tl;dr I can write a lot about nothing.

Without going into stories, my experience has been mostly negative. Even when I wasn't doing anything wrong.

In my experience a cop has never helped me in any significant way, whether I had been attacked by a group of people , or when my house was raided and my mother was punched in the face during said incident.
They have only been there to hurt me .

So I see the importance of cops in theory but in my reality they offer no real service of protection.

They have been about as much use as a chocolate fireguard every time I have called them. Still you have to think that crime would be even worse if they did nothing.

Not a fan pigs, i know not all are bad but most are and all the shit they do today to unarmed people,pets, mentally ill, etc. is scary.
The one and only time I called pigs in my life when i was a teen(i was robbed at gun point) the pigs threatened to shoot my dog(a happy go lucky husky) when i didnt even want to let them in my house...
Then upon doing research i found out they legally need low IQs(2nd court of appeals ruled)and do not have to legally protect you(supreme court ruled after women were being raped and tortured while cops knew and did nothing) statues below. Not to mention these videos below, scare the shit out of me, as anyone of us could be next.(i can post many more sadly)

"Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police do not owe a specific duty to provide police services to citizens based on the public duty doctrine."

Legally they only have to ticket you,beat you, arrest you, or kill you. That is law, fact, proven above, its not my opinion.

"The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test. Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training."

Pig shoots 9 year old girl in eye(dont watch if you cant handle a little girl screaming after being shot in the eye) none of the pigs offer any aid BTW.

Pigs beat man on fire after the person they were chasing crashes into him... so they beat the innocent man on fire...

Pigs shoot man laying on the ground with his hands up pleading with them not to shoot his mental patient playing with a toy truck... So what do the pigs do... shoot the man laying on the ground with his hands up...

Pig shoots airforce vet for getting out of his car after a car accident... WTF was going through his mind to shoot someone after a car accident...

Last edited:
They have been about as much use as a chocolate fireguard every time I have called them. Still you have to think that crime would be even worse if they did nothing.
Well if they didn't exist maybe, but in a house raid there is not time to call the cops. We we're lucky enough to fight them back enough to leave and that they only used their shot guns for intimidation.
Cops weren't called till after , when they handed my family a ticket to appear in court

Mixed.

I grew up in a lower middle class, upper...poor...area. Mixed race. Major issues with White motorcycle gangs fighting with Black gangs. When I hit my mid teens, I started wearing boots and either had on a metal T-shirt or a jean-jacket...looked the part, even had a pony-tail. Yes, if you look at me youll think "White guy" even though I am heavily mixed. The town I lived in passed a law stating that no more than 3 people can walk down the street together past 6PM, and one day, I was walking with my friend and his girlfriend (both black), he was in a shirt/tie as he just got out of work and I was in my street clothes like above...cop turns down the street following us from behind...turn on his lights after a bit and tells us we cant walk down the street together.

I was like "Are you being serious, we have known each other since we were kids and are going to the store". Cop put his car in park, got out and drew his weapon and made me get on the ground hands behind my head, searched me and told me to "Do what im told or im going to jail"...and that is with my friends defending me saying the same thing. We had to walk on opposite sides of the street and we deliberately YELLED our conversion to each other since he decided to follow us.

Pretty much the opposite you think would happen since we are only told the stories of what happens to black people, in mostly black neighborhoods...this stuff happens to white people in mostly white neighborhoods, and to Latino's in Latino neighborhoods.

Its basically whichever race is committing the most crimes/causing the most trouble for police that get targeted.

Here is the Whitest answer, coming from a guy that never drives because he lives downtown = I have literally only dealt with cops once in over thirty years, and that because I was hanging near a place where a big demonstration/student strike was scheduled. Everything went perfectly well. I went to a police station twice though... but it was only because that's where you have to set a vote by proxy in France.

Last edited:
Well if they didn't exist maybe, but in a house raid there is not time to call the cops. We we're lucky enough to fight them back enough to leave and that they only used their shot guns for intimidation.
Cops weren't called till after , when they handed my family a ticket to appear in court

Yep, any time I have called them they have taken so long to come everything was long over. Even when I had the criminals in sight.

Various state Troopers have been firm but fair. Most city cops have been pretty cool.
Montgomery County cops have been generally total dbags.
DC cops are fine, they dgaf unless it's a real big problem.

Baltimore cops are in-fucking-sane. Got arrested on some bullshit, got ruffed up by the cops, thrown in dangerous Baltimore City jail, and had a fabricated confession on the police report. Got a lawyer and had that shit thrown out.

Yep, any time I have called them they have taken so long to come everything was long over. Even when I had the criminals in sight.
Yep, the idea of calling the police can scare some criminals and get some normal people to calm down, but that is all the use I have found in them personally.

Without going into stories, my experience has been mostly negative. Even when I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Welp Cubo, you shoulda followed orders and stopped resisting / reaching for your waistband.

Welp Cubo, you shoulda followed orders and stopped resisting / reaching for your waistband.

Of the three instances off the top of my head...

I just wanted to get to work that morning.
I just wanted to get back to my hotel room.
I just wanted to get to the bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back