Movies Your 5 Favourite Christmas Movies

5 Favourite Christmas Movies

• Total voters
1. A Christmas Story
2. Black Christmas
3. Silent Night, Deadly Night
4. Christmas Vacation
5. Home Alone
fuck i forgot about Black Christmas. def on my list.

also, everyone knows that SN, DN 2 is better than the first. who needs to watch the first anyways when they pad out the sequel’s runtime w/ flashbacks using like 60% of the footage from the first lmao

I enjoy it and think it gets a bit too much criticism. My only real complaint about it is that I think it’s sort of a tale of two movies. The origin story/Santa mythos stuff with David Huddleston is great. The stuff with Dudley Moore and Lithgow and modern times pales in comparison. Which is more of a problem with writing/plotting than anything else to me. Cause Lithgow and Moore are typically awesome.

Tough for me to pick just five there but I feel that It’s a Wonderful Life and Die Hard are the sure things while there are several movies- Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Batman Returns, Miracle on 34th, Home Alone, The Bishop’s Wife (40s original), Alistair Sim Christmas Carol that would all be big contenders for those remaining three slots.

That said, while Miracle on 34th Street might or might not make that top 5, I caught some of it earlier on AMC today and I think it’s emphatically the best movie focusing on the character of Santa Claus that I’ve seen and it’s not particularly close (no offense to Tim Allen, Huddleston, Kurt Russell, etc.)

The animated movie Klaus is up there too. Really entertaining one if you’ve never seen it.

Voted for Home Alone, Charlie Brown, Christmas Vacation, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Rudolph.

fuck i forgot about Black Christmas. def on my list.

also, everyone knows that SN, DN 2 is better than the first. who needs to watch the first anyways when they pad out the sequel’s runtime w/ flashbacks using like 60% of the footage from the first lmao
I disagree. The first is awesome. There's something really alluring about the atmosphere in the movie to me. Billy is likable and cracks me up. It's actually pretty serious and a well written movie. 2, everyone loves the "Garbage Day" stuff but that's like 5 minutes of the movie. The rest is a recap of the first like you said. I love that one scene but the rest just isn't good. Definitely give the 1st movie a chance again if you haven't seen it in awhile.

I disagree. The first is awesome. There's something really alluring about the atmosphere in the movie to me. Billy is likable and cracks me up. It's actually pretty serious and a well written movie. 2, everyone loves the "Garbage Day" stuff but that's like 5 minutes of the movie. The rest is a recap of the first like you said. I love that one scene but the rest just isn't good. Definitely give the 1st movie a chance again if you haven't seen it in awhile.
honestly, every scene w/ Ricky cracks me up. it also cracked me up that Ricky was built like a Sherdogger, which is something you don’t realize if you haven’t seen the movie & are only familiar w/ the garbage day freakout. i also love the third one, even though it’s a completely incoherent departure from the first two. i ofc love the first, & Billy is good, but Ricky is a legit gem.

Last edited:
honestly, every scene w/ Ricky cracks me up. it also cracked me up that Ricky was built like a Sherdogger, which is something you realize if you haven’t seen the movie & are only familiar w/ the garbage day freakout. i also love the third one, even though it’s a completely incoherent departure from the first two. i ofc love the first, & Billy is good, but Ricky is a legit gem.
I watched 3 for the first time last year. The main bad guy is pretty goofy but I like the main girl a lot. It's a shame she didn't get more roles. I picked up the 3-4-5 Blu-ray pack and plan on getting to 4 and 5 before the month wraps up. I've heard those are absurd in the best way.

Also if anyone hasn't seen it, Christmas Evil (You Better Watch Out) is a really interesting Christmas horror movie. It's like the Christmas version of Taxi Driver albeit low budget.

Home Alone
Frozen
A Christmas Carol (old, British version)

5. Die Hard
4. The Nightmare before Christmas
3. Home Alone
2. Batman Returns
1. Lethal Weapon

Home Alone
Die Hard
A Christmas Story
Gremlins
Jingle All the Way

Lethal weapon is also a Christmas movie

Where's the Snowman?

It's a Wonderful Life, Scrooge 1951(it's not Christmas without Dickens), Tokyo Godfathers, The Shop Around The Corner, 3 Godfathers

Back