You know why I REALLY want to see Sonnen-Fedor?

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
The reason is as follows:

When Fedor fought Lindland, in both guys' primes (Fedor was #1 HW, Lindland was #2 MW), he avoided being topped by The Law by blatantly grabbing the ropes.
The only reason this got passed because the fight was in Russia, under Putin's eyes.

Lindland is Sonnen's former coach, sparring-partner, co-gym-owner.

fedor+reverses+lindland+and+slams+him.gif

Lindland was going to get embarassed anyway. Fedor isn't even a fighter anymore, he's no more of a fighter than a random guy off the streets.

Lindland was going to get embarassed anyway. Fedor isn't even a fighter anymore, he's no more of a fighter than a random guy off the streets.

At least he would've been embarrassed in a clean way, not by cheating.

The reason is as follows:

When Fedor fought Lindland, in both guys' primes (Fedor was #1 HW, Lindland was #2 MW), he avoided being topped by The Law by blatantly grabbing the ropes.
The only reason this got passed because the fight was in Russia, under Putin's eyes.

Lindland is Sonnen's former coach, sparring-partner, co-gym-owner.

fedor+reverses+lindland+and+slams+him.gif

Fedor would lay Chael out. The size difference is too great.

West Linn Gangsta

vs

The Pudgy murderer

Make it happen Coker

Fedor would lay Chael out. The size difference is too great.

Chael would win easily. You're talking about a trained fighter (Chael) vs. a random guy off the street. Fedor doesn't train anymore. I doubt he's even trained any martial arts in a decade.

Fedor would be better off losing that 30-35 lbs and dropping down to LHW anyway. Fedor vs Chael would be awesome just for the staged pre-fight trash talking alone.

No it isn't.
Look at Lindland compared to Fedor, in this very gif.
Or rewatch Fedor-Hendo.

Chael does not have heavy hands, he can't out-wrestle Fedor, and he always gets his ass kicked by light heavy weights. He is not going to be much competition for a heavy weight (even a washed up heavy weight).

Chael would win easily. You're talking about a trained fighter (Chael) vs. a random guy off the street. Fedor doesn't train anymore. I doubt he's even trained any martial arts in a decade.
Fedor's fist > Chael's face

Fedor doesn't care about winning anymore and that's why he barely seems to be training and he just seems to be in it to get a couple more big paychecks which is fine.

That and I mean every time a fighter grabs the cage in every other fight ever they get warned for it once or twice just like happened in this fight

Fedor's fist > Chael's face

Let's be honest, Fedor is SO washed up, even when he puts Chael down he will just get Hendo'd and knocked out. Chael is actually a trained fighter, Fedor doesn't train. He just runs around a dojo alongside children (literally), his training looks like my kiddie Shotokahn karate classes.

Haha I remember this huge controversy, similar to Aldo vs Mendes 1. Somehow the narrative of the haters in both cases suggested if not for the grabs that Fedor and Aldo would have been slammed to their deaths.

Let's be honest, Fedor is SO washed up, even when he puts Chael down he will just get Hendo'd and knocked out. Chael is actually a trained fighter, Fedor doesn't train. He just runs around a dojo alongside children (literally), his training looks like my kiddie Shotokahn karate classes.
No.
anderson-silva-4.gif

Haha I remember this huge controversy, similar to Aldo vs Mendes 1. Somehow the narrative of the haters in both cases suggested if not for the grabs that Fedor and Aldo would have been slammed to their deaths.

Even though Aldo has amazing TDD, once he's on his back, he's not an expert of getting up.
Same with Fedor minus TDD.

Anyway, Lindland was much more experienced coming to this fight, had much better control and GnP

Wait what? Most Fedor fans tells me Fedor is a MW.

This is their only explanation how natural MW (who once came to LHW fight weighing 201 lbs) knocked him out in the 1st.

Back